LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ari G   31 January 2018

Name mismatch

My father Shri A B passed away last year. Death certificate is in the name Shri A B.

He had a life insurance policy which has been foreclosed.

The insurance company accordingly issued me a check in the name of Shri A C B (with a middle name). The other details (address etc) are correct.

Now there is a bank account of my father's which I is still active but unfortunately the account is in the name of Shri A B.

Since the insurance check is in the name of Shri A C B the bank told me the check may not clear. Is there any way for me to clear this matter?

Can I submit an affidavit mentioning that Shri A B and Shri A C B were the same person and that I am his son?

Learning

6 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   31 January 2018

You should approach Hon'ble High Court where you may get justice better if you contact us then I will elaborate properly about your case.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 9198889990

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     31 January 2018

Let your bank personal relationship manager with his personal influence get it cleared, that is always possible if you have good relationship with your banker.

Ari G   31 January 2018

Thank you for your reply sir.

Unforunately my manager was pressing me to invest in some schemes a few months ago which I denied, so I don't think he will help me.

Will an affidavit or an indemnity not solve the problem? Or a declaration on a judicial paper?

Ari G   31 January 2018

Thank you for your reply sir but my financial situation is not very good.

Ari G   31 January 2018

Can I submit an affidavit mentioning that Shri A B and Shri A C B were the same person and that I am his son?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 February 2018

To me every thing appears confusing.  I never heard insurance company issuing the cheque in the name of dead policy holder.  The simple solution is informing the demise of your father, and getting the cheque in the name of nominee .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register