LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sai narayana   23 June 2015

My wife is harassing me with 498a

My marriage was on 09.10.11. As she was preparing for competitive exams, we have avoided s*xual relationship to avoid family burden. The much awaited bank interview result was declared on 01.04.15 and we were unsuccessful. All our efforts went vain and at so we have decided to stop the exam preparation and concentrate on family life. In between, her father called me and asked mine and my mother's permission to took her daughter to their home. So he came and took her daughter on 15.04.15 with a commitment of returning her after one month i.e. on 16.05.14. But he didn't keep his promise, on 15.05.14, he called us and said that they want to keep their daughter another one month. We insisted them to return her on time. On that day, heated arguments were exchanged in between us. The girl took her parents side, i requested, counselled and even scolded her but of no use. So i left her in that way, assuming that time will change her. But luck was not in my favor and instead of bringing a good change in her, my long wait made the situation more worse.

On 12.06.15 i.e. nearly 12 months after she left my home with her father, they filed a complaint at their nearest Police Station with serious false allegations of dowry harassment, torture, etc. The following are the allegations.

I am writing their allegations vs actual, so that your people understand my pain.

Allegation-1. The decision to avoid kids is solely mine. That's partially true. With the mutual consent only, we have avoided it for such a long period of two and half years. If her allegation was true, she should have filed the case within those two years or immediately after she left my home. Marriage date: 09.10.11, she left my home: 16.04.15 and complaint filed on 12.06.15.

Allegation-2. They have quoted 5 lakhs as dowry given to me. Actually in my community, both parties mutually bear the marriage burden, i mean girls parents contribute in the form of gold jewellery and a very meager amount as marriage expenses. Boy's parents bear the marriage expenditure including mangalsutra, marriage attire and reception costs also. In my case, they put jewellery of 3.5 lakh to their daughter, 1 lakh ruppes towards marriage expenses, 50000/- for two wheeler. We, boys parents bear the 4,00,000/- for marriage, mangalsutra,attire for girl and reception costs for which i took a personal loan of 3,00,000/- from my salary account with bank. But in the complaint they mentioned their part as dowry to us and not mentioned even a single point about the expenditure we have made.

Allegation-3. Me and my mom are beating her daily for extracting more dowry. Actually we are two brothers, there is no girl in our family, so my mom look after their daughter-in-laws as daughters. We never raised hand on on my wife even though she kicked me with her leg and bitten me using her nails on my neck on few occasions.

Allegation-4. We have confiscated her jewellery, belongings including her certificates and forced her to leave the house without a single penny with her. In actual, she maintains the keys of almirah, her father himself took their daughter with almirah locker's both original and duplicate keys without mentioning even a single word about it to me. I came to know about it after one month of she left my home. I bought a gold coin in ebay, when i try search locker keys to keep that coin in locker, i could not trace it and so i messaged her and she replied those are with her. But in the complaint, the story is entirely different.

Allegation-5. She has included my mother's brothers name in complaint for dowry harassment, but in actual he is a retired H.M. and good samaritan and always busy with social service. The only mistake he might have done is that he was the mediator in between me and wife's group for marriage finalisation.

When the Sub-Inspector called us for counseling, we thought that she filed the complaint out of ego only. But after reading the complaint, we lost our breathe for a while. My mother wept continuously, I could not stop her. I myself lost my nerve and shouted big there itself. My uncle, who is a retired H.M. behaved like a school boy begging with his both hands with his explanation to SI.

Counseling was done on 21.06.15, the girl's party came around 10 to 12 in group. After seeing their group strength and seriousness of allegation and threat to my government job, my relatives became scared ,did not followed my suggestion for legal proceedings and went for compromising way with girls group. Initially there were serious abuses from their group and later on my relatives were successful in compromising gradually each of them. When everyone was thinking that the issue is going to be compromised, the girl suddenly raised a new allegation of impotency and so medical examination of me is required to proceed further. Even though i am resenting, my mom and relatives forced me to compromise and the made me put my signature on commitment of attending Medical Examination whenever and wherever girl's party calls to me. But the girl's party have not given any commitment.

Dear Lawyer's club, Please suggest can't i defend myself? Being a govt employee is a curse? I am an innocent, why shall i beg in front of those immoral fellows. I loved her so much that even though she was staying away from me, i have bought a cell phone, dresses, chocolates for her. I am waiting for change in her and bring a natural inclination towards me but never thought of harming her. Even though i scold her for ditching me, but by the end of the day before going to sleep, i used to pray the god for her well being. Because of her absence, i became very peal. 

But her situation is totally contrast. She is very fine in every aspect. I had not found any love or affection towards me in her. Instead she and her group boldly shouting at me and my mother with their false allegations and abuses. I almost all became semi-conscious. My heart was broken. I asked my parents not to beg compromise with them. But they did not hear my words and going on for compromise.

None of the allegations in complaint are true and she has no love towards me and instead trying to implicate more and more me and my mother in this case with her acting in front of SI. Why shall i compromise with such a person and if my parents make us compromise also how long can this relationship sustain with that such a nil-heart woman?

Please help me in coming out of it. I strongly feel i no longer need her and want to teach tit-for-tat. Suggest me proper legal coarse of actions which should make them run for their mistakes and also defeat their plans of making me unemployed ( I am a govt. employee).

Thanks in advance.

Sai Narayana
Hyderabad (working)
Srikakulam (Born)

Learning

7 Replies

rajesh   23 June 2015

90percent of 498 cases in India are proven to b false...moreover if police station guys want to arrest you they need dgp level permission there is no immediate arrest if u ppl are not wrong ask the cop to investigate thoroughly of the cops are one sided u can better go for cp Hyderabad....

rajesh   23 June 2015

Bro even iam from Hyderabad same case but living together with a girl

sai narayana   23 June 2015

Rajesh,permission of whom is required for arrest, dgp or dcp? How can cp of Hyderabad help me? Pls elaborate.

rajesh   23 June 2015

If u are really genuine u didn't harass ur wife find a good lawyer he vl make a notice from ur side to cp like its a false case it should b investigated thoroughly wat ever u mentioned above allegation nd wat exactly happened it vl b mentioned in notice they need to have dgp permission to arrest u..firstly police vl try to compromise.if possible have a friendly settlement

rajesh   23 June 2015

Watever they make false allegations let them do...nothing to do with that

rajesh   23 June 2015

From cp that police station vl get a msg that it should b investigated thoroughly do that only if u dont get proper justice from that police station like if they behave one sided

rajesh   23 June 2015

Don't b tensed infront of police support the police for investigation...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register