Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit sharma   01 January 2023

My grandfather property will becomes void?

My grandfather executed a registered property will in 2008, he gave my father and grandmother in equal share, all his property.

But my grandmother died in 2016 and grandfather died in 2020. But grandfather didn't make any changes in property will, after the death of grandmother.

But after the death of grandfather, We presented the will to tehsil dar for succession of property and he said this will is no longer valid and is consider void, and it should have been revised after grand mother death, is it correct?

Learning

2 Replies

Ramanathan G (Independent practice)     01 January 2023

Wrong advice. Relying upon this Will, first partition. The share of pre-deceased person to be distributed among her successors as per her Will or succession law.

This i wrote as per common sense and without reading any book or judgement.

1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     02 January 2023

The will is not in valid but excutable,the property shall be divided between your father and your Grand mother - since your garnd mother is dead already so the legal heirs of grand mother is dead her property will be distrbuted among her legal heirs. \You need to check if you have to probate the wiillGet legal heir certificate of grnd mother and then apply jointloy (i.e your father and LR of GM)for tranfer of property) 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register