LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atharva (engineer)     28 January 2024

My aunt wants to claim the property right 30 years after separation

I am 24 years now and my father has registered his ancestral property on my name, now my aunt wants to claim her property right due to family dispute with my father my grandfather has died back in 2016 and she is blackmailing us on name of claiming property right. her age is above 60 years can she claim the property or what is solution to this problem

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 January 2024

Your paternal aunt has rights over her deceased father's properties  equally at par with your father provided your grandfather was reported to have died intestate and that he had not made any arrangement towards his self acquired proeprty during his lifetime.

If your aunt approaches court then this civil litigation will stretch for years thereby creating mental pressure all along.

Therefore it is advisable that you go for a compromise settlement to avoid litigation 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     28 January 2024

Yes.  Your aunt (father's sister) has equal rights with your father and other legal heirs if any.  So follow the advice of the above learned expert Sir.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     29 January 2024

Very well analysed, opined and advised by learned experts, I fully agree.

She has an equal share in the ancestral properties, which she can claim, get it partitioned and have it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register