Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RM (Engineer)     04 January 2014

Mutual divorce through video conferencing

Hi,

I have applied for both DV 498 and family court divorce.ITs been almost 4 years since we are fighting the case and overall i ahve been stuck with this so called marriage for 5 years.

Now the opponent have accepted for mutual divorce. since i stay and work out of india i will not be able to travell to india so frequently. anyways i have given the power of attorney to my parents. my lawyer say that incase of mutual divorce she can handle it through video conferencing. is it possible? what can be the constraint?

if video conferencing is possible in that case how many times do i have to travel to india for a mutual divorce case?

Learning

3 Replies

**Victim** (job)     04 January 2014

You don't need to travel to india at all. Your statement will be recorded via video conference and if the court has facility of video conferencing then within few minutes judge will pass the first motion.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 January 2014

In a path breaking development, the Supreme Court held that a trial judge could record evidence of witnesses staying abroad through video conferencing.

Interpreting Section 273 of the Criminal Procedure Code in the light of technological advancements, a bench comprising Justice S N Variava and Justice B N Agrawal said recording of evidence through video conferencing would be perfectly legal.

RM (Engineer)     05 January 2014

Thank you sir,

In that case will the court demand a letter from the embassy or  any other evidences/letter to support the fact that i am abroad and will not be able to attend the hearing? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register