LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaikh (service)     03 September 2013

Muslim step mother not giving share in property

Muslim Step Mother not giving share in house property which was purchased by Grand Father's (father's father)

After grand fathers death and my father transferred the house in his name.

Now Father died and step mother transferred the house in her name.

Father married to our step mother to take care of us. But she hated us. She also has one son and one daughter. Mother died in 1982, My Grand father died in 1991. Father died in 2013.

I have ONLY XEROX COPY of the purchase document of THE HOUSE purchased in 1972 by my grand father written on Rs.20 stamp paper. My grand father's signature is affixed on it.  Original stamp paper copy is with my step mother.

Till 1983-84 the Property TAX and Electricity Bill was in my Grand Father's name.

As per Muslim Personal Law Is my sister also eligible for share in the house property.

My step mother is not ready to accept us as legal heirs in the house property.

What should I do to prove my share in the property ?

What are the documents required?

Learning

3 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     03 September 2013

similar question answered in this forum. Pl check for answer.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     03 September 2013

You and your sister has share in your father's property as per muslim personal law, your step cannot oust you and your sister. Consult a local lawyer and you can file a suit for partition to get your shares.

Shaikh (service)     05 September 2013

Thanks ..

My father was suffering from CANCER. Before fathers death step mother got the house transferred in her name without informing us and the agreement is registered in the Registration Office at Pune.

She has made new ration card in her name. She has transferred the Electricity Bill also in her name.

Still you think we will get our share by filing suite for partition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register