Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyesh   26 September 2021

Mofa vs rera carpet and redevelopment query

Hello, 

My building( cooperative housing society) is around 45-50 years old and we are planning for redevelopment,however we are not getting good offer from builder as some builder says that they will give extra 15% , MAha RERA,and some say 23% MOFA. Wanted to understand which is more beneficial for me 15% RERA or 23 % MOFA? I have carpet area of 560 sq feet. What additional usuable sq feet i will be getting with above % i have mentioned? Honestly we are confused with MOFA and RERA carpet and it would be really helpful if u can give any example. Also what all society documents I would require when I approach any builder for redevelopment proposal. how would I get to know my society unused FSI? Is there any government website or contact number whom I can reach for all my query? Thanking you in advance 

Learning

2 Replies

Atul Saxena   26 September 2021

Hi
Basically before answering your main question let explain different areas of Real Estate.
There are three types various areas known as carpet area, Built up area, Super Built up area. All three areas are based on three different calculations.
(1) Carpet area definition as MOFA
carpet area means area between wall to wall however carpet area as per RERA is carpet area+ thicknes of rhe internal walls .
means under MOFA CARPET AREA useable carpet area will be larger compare to RERA
(2) Built up area - Carpet area + the wall thickness along with other unusable areas within the apartment such as the dry balcony, terrace, flower beds, etc. It is always more than the carpet area.
(3) Super Built up area

Super Built up area means built up area + proportionate of Lobby, lift, Mid-landing , terrace , etc .
Enforcement of RERA has prevented Developers to mentioned or sell any property based on Built up or super Built up area .
Developers shall allot and sell ,provide all records based carpet area only .

Practically once you are getting carpet area based on MOFA of course useable area will be more compare to the RERA .

Glitches -
As post 2017 Maha RERA is in force , Developers has to enter with the allottee as per the RERA agreements means carpet area would based on RERA only .
Conclusion- Must negotiate with Developer for larger area as per RERA only ,Not get consider any benifit as per MOFA .

(a)
1 Like

sandeep ruparel   20 August 2023

Not clear about MOFA carpet vs RERA carpet. Can you explain with example, 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register