LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sonali   15 December 2023

Mhada property transfer in mumbai

I have a query regarding mhada property transfer.

My fathers ancestral home was on my grandmother's name. After her demise, we gave his sisters their corresponding shares and got the release deed prepared from mhada. Now we are going to apply for succession certificate. But one of his sisters died after release deed was made. Can children of my fathers demised sister raise problem in creating succession certificate by asking more money.

Learning

5 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     15 December 2023

The release deed executed by deceased aunt is absolute and irrevokable, hence her LRs cannot raise any claim over the property.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     15 December 2023

If she has already released her share and that is in the shape of deed means her LR's has nothing to claim thereof. They have no leftover

For succession certificate processing also there is a consent form that needs to be signed by other siblings of my father. After my aunts demise.. we will need to get it signed from her children.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     15 December 2023

Why would you need succession certificate, you need a Legal heir certificate and on that basis you can transfer the property

Mhada made it mandatory. Without succession certificate, you will not be able to sell property. That is what they told us. Also my father had unmarried brother who is no more. May be because of that they are making it compulsory to confirm if he doesn't have any immediate family members.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register