LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

victim (others)     11 December 2013

Matrimonial

Posted a day ago Hello sir During my marriage i used to be physically and mentally harassed by my mother-in-law,sister-in- law for not bringing car in my marriage and many other gifts like ornaments etc.i never shared anything with my parents or anyone for sake of family settlement and with hope that one day things would be fine but things rather went worth.all such happened in 3 months of marriage.my father-in-law and husband used to support them and told me that i will have to face all and not to tell anything to my parents or anyone. suddenly my parents got to see my marks which were hurt by my mother-in-law and sister-in-law and for which they simply refused before my parents.i complaint for everything i have suffered but police sent my case to women cell where i found nothing in my favour till now. it is now 4 months of my marriage in which after 3 months i am at my parents home and i am 2 months pregnant. now they are asking that if i take complaint back by saying that it was fake complaint only then they can accept me back which i can not say because all happened to me was absolute true also they are saying that i being pregnant if not true.though i have given government doctor reports to show them even then they are saying so. i am not moving forward lodging FIR or going for maintenance or DV believing that they may accept me but they are stick on their condition. i want suggestion that what should i do now. should i go for lodging FIR or maintenance or DV what do i do for my 2 months unborn child for which they are refusing. i really need suggestion that where do i move now Thank you REPLY

Learning

3 Replies

victim (others)     11 December 2013

Hello sir/mam During my marriage i used to be physically and mentally harassed by my mother-in-law,sister-in- law for not bringing car in my marriage and many other gifts like ornaments etc.i never shared anything with my parents or anyone for sake of family settlement and with hope that one day things would be fine but things rather went worth.all such happened in 3 months of marriage.my father-in-law and husband used to support them and told me that i will have to face all and not to tell anything to my parents or anyone. suddenly my parents got to see my marks which were hurt by my mother-in-law and sister-in-law and for which they simply refused before my parents.i complaint for everything i have suffered but police sent my case to women cell where i found nothing in my favour till now. it is now 4 months of my marriage in which after 3 months i am at my parents home and i am 2 months pregnant. now they are asking that if i take complaint back by saying that it was fake complaint only then they can accept me back which i can not say because all happened to me was absolute true also they are saying that i being pregnant if not true.though i have given government doctor reports to show them even then they are saying so. i am not moving forward lodging FIR or going for maintenance or DV believing that they may accept me but they are stick on their condition. i want suggestion that what should i do now. should i go for lodging FIR or maintenance or DV what do i do for my 2 months unborn child for which they are refusing. i really need suggestion that where do i move now Thank you

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 December 2013

You have think twice before taking any decision, analyse if you return to your matrimonial house, will the same tortures continue?, if so, what is that you are going to do after that, suppose you do not want to withdraw the complaint ad want to proceed with other cases also, you will be losing your precious future for which your parents struggled a lot,  choice is yours, if you decide to not return to your matrimonial home then go ahead with all the cases including false cases against your husband, his parents, sisters, brothers sisters in law, brothers in law etc., but what will be the fate of your child in your womb after that? so, see if you can compromise on certain issues and start living amicably or decide about quitting the married life.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     12 December 2013

If you are good educated and capable of getting employment, I advise you not to return to matrimonial home and pursue your S.498 A and DV cases vigorously and take good legal advice so that those culprits will be punished.  It has become a trend in India to kill the girl child in embryo, torture the newly married bride for dowry and forcing the hapless parents of the girls to conduct the marriage in ostentatious manner spending lakhs of rupees.  When women will  be highly educated and get good jobs and empowered themselves, we can come out of this scourge of dowry, dowry harassment and dowry deaths.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register