LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gautam (not disclosed)     29 June 2014

Marriage problems

i am staying with my wife and my mother in law from last 5 yrs, married for >15 yrs.
We are not having any matrimonial relationship, staying together for sake of kids.

all talks have failed with family members as mediators.
can i take legal recourse to ask my MIL to vacate the premises. I know that can invite false cases from my wife, but then the only other option i have is to file divorce case on my wife.

what is suggested? divorce from wife or injunction against MIL

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 June 2014

Why divorce for this simple reason. You can go out with your wife and enjoy several days out side and come back. For want of simple reason, you cannot avoid old aged people like your MIL. There should be strong reason for giving divorce. No court will give divorce decree for this simple reasons.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     30 June 2014

You have to need some grounds for filing divorce as described in sec.13 of hindu marriage act , i suggest you don't spoil your life on filing cases and do unnecessary litigation throwout your ego and live happyly with your family, make a healthy atmosphere at your home treat nicely to your wife and your MIL , everything will be o.k. think wisely there is nothing in court cases only humilitation and spoiling of to many years , therefore avoid it and live peaceful life .

sankar P (supervisor)     30 June 2014

Dear Gautham,

Both Experts gave Good Decisions, since >15 years of Marriage life it is not easy to get back and Restart a new life.

So as per experts advice think wisely and Carefully,

All the Best,

Many Thanks,

Best Regards,

Shankar.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 July 2014

I know that it will be very inconvenient and embarrassing to live with an uncomfortable mother in law in the same house, especially if she is found to interfere in your personal affairs/life with your wife thereby losing your privacy and peace as well. What is the solution you think about. Taking divorce is easy but is that  the meaning of life especially after living together for 15 and odd years and in the process have begotten the children as well?.  What about the future of the kids due to your personal liberty issue?  In my opinion,you may start living with your wife and children separately and if you agree to the terms, you may give money towards her  maintenance to your mother in law through your wife, which may bring some solution to the present crisis ( atleast temporarily and may pave way for a permanent solution) .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register