Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marriage in india is a loss for husband

Page no : 2

(Guest)
Originally posted by :chandrasekhar.7203@ gmail.com
" That reply was given to Ananya not to you. For both of you I had given another small reply above that. You have not noticed it. In some other thread I also said prostitution is already legal in India. S.497 of IPC Adultery does not penalize an unmarried woman if she indulges in s*xual relationship with a married man. And if a married man wants to be a pimp, he can give his consent ("connivance" is the word used in law for consent) to another man to enjoy his wife then it does not come under the definition of adultery. So the law of adultery in India gives wide scope for women and men who want make the choice of prostitution and brothal business as their careers. There is no need of separate legislation for it. Lord Macaulay who had written Indian Penal Code prior to 1860 had foresight of modern thinkers emerging after 2010 so he designed law of Adultery like that. Men and women who want to make their lives "profitable" without having to be part of institution of family and marriage are free to enter the profession of prostitution and brothal business and try their luck. No stoppage. There are many societies in India. If you want to create a new society you have a right to create it. Why cry foul about a society that follows the institution of marriage when you are free to be part of society that you want to create? You propagate your theories to people, change them, create a new religion if you want. Why do you want to be part of Hindu society and change Hindu laws? Abandon this society and create a society of your own and have your followers and show the way to the world. "

prostitution in public place isnot legal mr. chandrashekhar. i am talking about legalizing prostitution in public place.

so far adultery is concerned my point is that presently adultery is a criminal offence . do not criminalize adultery: make it a civil offence that will result in payment of damage, not jail. is it very difficult for you to understand sir ? .and also women should be punished if she commits adultry.

So the law of adultery in India gives wide scope for women and men who want make the choice of prostitution and brothal business as their careers. of course, if adult women  want to come into prostitution, they should not be prevented. they should be given freedom because it is a democrasy that ensures freedom. i find no wrong in it personally. i don't care if anyone finds.

if hindu society abandon freedom of individual, fall back to barbaric middle age value, has no respect for an individual's lifestyle rather treat human being as a heard of sheeps, it will be better for me or for everybody to abandon such hindu society. i am a hindu. from my very childhood all i see about hindu is :

1] meaningless rituals:  very expensive and meaningless.

2] stupid values: worship  dead idols. do all sort of unscientifc hocus pocus things.

3] no freedom of thought: accept what is told by scriptture and naked  illiterate fakirs

4] no respect for an individual's lifestyle: always conform to the damn  social  norm.

5] hatred/ violence on love:  honor killing, attack on lovers by communal thugs, violence on valentine's day etc

6] a natural hatred to science: how many hindus  fund science instead of naked fakirs and  dead temples?

this hindu society of yours is not worth living in. it is choking man. it kills one's freedom.  no right thinking man should live in such a barberous society.

as for myself , yes, i wanna live in a new society where there is freedom of thought, logic, rationalism. where people respect individual freedom. there should be no SOCIAL NORM to conform to. everybody will do what they love to do. there should be no fear in my new society. everybody will be accepted as they are. there should be no sanskar or false make up sort of thing. there should be a natural love for science and knowledge and wisdom. i think it will be far better. won't it be Mr. chandrashekhar the hindu?

the present hindu society lives in the middle ages. it has no hope. it is already rotten. this society has become a shame for india.  i am just trying to do a small correction so that this hindu society can again see the light of science and reason from the dark clutch of superstition and violence. if you have difficuty with that, please stay away. nobody need you here to preach hocus pocus gibberish.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     12 June 2012

:P:) I did not sit with value judgment of Macaulay's law of adultery nor I ever expressed pride about it.  I only said, it is very convenient for people like you who have "modern" and "progressive" thoughts about women to use to your advantage. So instead of shouting from roof tops, prostitution should be made legal, you can use it to do whatever you want to do with women (provided you get any woman who cooperates with your ideas). But Mr. Bhalla and Arnab you both have different ideas about law of Adultery, did you notice?  Bhalla is saying Law of Adultery should be stringent for women also, and women should also be punished.  Arnab is saying, it should only be a civil liability not a criminal liability neither man nor woman should be punished.  I understood both of you but you did not understand each other.

If prostitution should be legalized then law of adultery should be left as it is, it should not be amended the way Mr. Bhalla suggested.  If any amendment is made as Mr. Bhalla suggested, then a woman indulging in prostitution will not get any protection in view of amended S.497 which makes a woman equally liable for Adultery.  We do not have laws that recognize the locus standi of individuals on the basis of professions, nor women are so advanced that they declare themselves prostitutes for the purpose of enjoying their substantive rights under the legalized prostitution laws.  So proposing changes to law of adultery is against your own proposition of introducing a bill for legalizing prostitution. 

The same problem remains even if Arnab's suggestion is followed.  The prostitute who sells pleasure for money if booked under law of adultery will have to pay heavily for civil liabilities.  What purpose it serves if law of adultery is converted into civil liability punishing both the adulterers and simultaneously prostitution is legalized?  If a policeman catches a woman indulging in prostitution, unless she keeps a hoarding outside her house like a trader puts his hoarding outside his house giving name to his business like M/s. Shah enterprises, she will not be able to claim her substantive rights under Legalizing of prostitution law.  Can any woman keep a hoarding outsider her house declaring to general public she is in business of prostitution through a hoarding?

Just have a thought.  Opposing law of adultery (on the wrong presumption that I supported it) and then supporting legalizing of prostitution makes any sense?

If you leave adultery as it is, you need not declare it as a business it will help embarrassment from other society members.  You can secretly practise it amongst yourselves and if there is any police case you can use the law of Adultery to help your wife escape punishment by declaring her to be your wife.  Secondly if the person indulging in adultery with your wife is apprehended by police, you can declare that he is indulging in adultery with your wife with your connivance.  And you can benefit from both your wife and the man who enjoys your wife monetarily taking money from them.  Just see how the marriage and law of adultery (in its present form) is helping you to make money!!:)

(Guest)
Originally posted by :chandrasekhar.7203@ gmail.com
"

The same problem remains even if Arnab's suggestion is followed.  The prostitute who sells pleasure for money if booked under law of adultery will have to pay heavily for civil liabilities.  What purpose it serves if law of adultery is converted into civil liability punishing both the adulterers and simultaneously prostitution is legalized?  If a policeman catches a woman indulging in prostitution, unless she keeps a hoarding outside her house like a trader puts his hoarding outside his house giving name to his business like M/s. Shah enterprises, she will not be able to claim her substantive rights under Legalizing of prostitution law.  Can any woman keep a hoarding outsider her house declaring to general public she is in business of prostitution through a hoarding?

Just have a thought.  Opposing law of adultery (on the wrong presumption that I supported it) and then supporting legalizing of prostitution makes any sense?

If you leave adultery as it is, you need not declare it as a business it will help embarrassment from other society members.  You can secretly practise it amongst yourselves and if there is any police case you can use the law of Adultery to help your wife escape punishment by declaring her to be your wife.  Secondly if the person indulging in adultery with your wife is apprehended by police, you can declare that he is indulging in adultery with your wife with your connivance.  And you can benefit from both your wife and the man who enjoys your wife monetarily taking money from them.  Just see how the marriage and law of adultery (in its present form) is helping you to make money!!
"

well fine. finally you make a point.

The prostitute who sells pleasure for money if booked under law of adultery will have to pay heavily for civil liabilities.  What purpose it serves if law of adultery is converted into civil liability punishing both the adulterers and simultaneously prostitution is legalized?

but if adultery be made criminal and prostitution be legalized then also a prostitute will have to spent her time in jail. this also won't do. so what if we make adultery civil and fixed the damage upto a limit that anybody could easily bear?  then a prostitute if booked under law of  adultery won't suffer financial damage and at the same time her husband will get his damage for violation of marital right. then legalizing prostitution and making adultry civil will both pay. isn't it sir?

women will put a hoarding if prostitution in public places becomes legal. where there is money there should not be any shame.  women understand this very well.

If you make adultery a civil liability, nobody will be there to book her.  Fine imposed by criminal court is different from damages claimed by petitioner victim under civil law.  So when adultery entails a punishment of only civil liability then it will be removed from Indian Penal Code. After that the husband can only claim for damages for civil wrong in a civil court/family court (as the case may be, as provided for). Here two aspects have to be taken care of.  One the husband in connivance and the other the husband not in connivance.

The husband in connivance will have business interest and gets share in wife's income and so, he cannot claim damages as wife is indulging in her profession with the leave and pleasure of husband.  The husband not in connivance is deemed to be victimized by the actions of wife and he is eligible to claim damages. :)

fighting_498a (engineer)     12 June 2012

sir,

If wife is earning..and husband ask her income to contribute family..wife rejected

Is ther any law that wife should only give to husband?

What action should take husband if wife not giving her income?

There is no such law.  However morally speaking as wife is born and brought in the house of father in law, it is just on her part to give some part of her income to her father for giving education, shelter, clothing, education. She is in job because her parents educated her and so her parents have a right over part of her income.  How much?  The views may differ.  I feel 30% of her income she should give to her parents, though living in husband's family.  If we make a law to that effect, then we may also prevent female foeticide because people will stop considering daughter as a liability somewhere down the line in future.

(Guest)

In long term it is a great loss to females.

Any way male will get marry at the age of 40,50 .....

But for female it is very difficult to get marry after crossing 30,35...

(Guest)

besides if you make adultry civil liability at least husband will get something at the time of divorce.

Amit (NA)     13 June 2012

I am not a legal expert to comment on the laws but from layman point of view, we should clearly make distinction between adultery and prostitution.

If a wife indulges in prostitution or adultery, husband should have option of getting divorce w/o any strings attached like alimony etc. After all marriage is also a s*xual contract.

If a woman is already a prostitute and a man marries her willingly, no issues.

And the question of police catching a prostitute does not arise when the profession is made legal. Why do you need any hoardings?

And yes even though adultery is allowed, first off it's gender-biased today. And it should also be de-criminalized.

In any case, a marriage should be treated like a contract (unlike a blood relation). The terms of the contract should be spelt clearly in the pre-nuptial agreement and any breaking of these terms can be a ground for divorce.

As per the prostitution legalization. See if I am hungry I can go to some one's house and eat - that's like adultery. But I should be able to go to a hotel, pay and eat - that's prostitution. Finding a house to eat is hard and always not possible but a hotel is an easy and no-frills option that should be available. In this aspect, soliciting, running brothel etc should not be illegal. Licenses should be given to pimps, prostitutes and strict health monitoring laws should be put in place. But of course, things like minor exploitation, trafficking should still be illegal.

Big Iron (Officer)     13 June 2012

Institution of marriage will die....We may not be alive by that time but it sure will.

Western world has started the same and we are right behind them (As always ;)).

Nobody can stop it...It is destined to happen.

Is ghor kalyug main agar khush rehna chahtey ho to swarthi aur kaminey bano...kisi se koi expectation mat rakho (Very tough )

Amit (NA)     13 June 2012

I don't think marriage institution will break and in fact it will improve.

People who are genuinely interested in raising a family, kids or who need to share emotional feelings only would marry and that should be the sole purpose of marriage. They should be like soul mates.

People are who are interested in only s*x or money would not marry and should not have to marry.

Yes, men would marry after 40 may be in such a society and women after 30 but so what?

(Guest)

dear amit i agree with you.

actually to me marriage is a personal contract, not a public contract. so only personal right should arise from marriage. therefore marriage is civil in nature. so marriage related offences should also be civil in nature. why they are criminal?

but beside marriage other sort of relation like live together, surrogate mothers, free s*x, one night stand, prostitution should also be there. then our society would really be tolerant.

Is ghor kalyug main agar khush rehna chahtey ho to swarthi aur kaminey bano...kisi se koi expectation mat rakho (Very tough )

yes i agree.

1 Like