LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pradip   27 December 2022

Maintenance under 125 by false affidavit

My mother had filed maintenance case against me in 2012 and she got an order of maintenance of Rs.10000/- per month and I am still paying it. Now I come to know that she have enough income she got regularly Rs.2000/- per month from LIC and she get income of intrest of FDR. She have income tax PAN number. Her income tax PAN numer shows active meance she is filing income tax return regularly. 
She have filed a wrong affidavit that she have no any income. Not only that she have ask maintenance from me only, not from my brother or sister!!!

Now my question is that what type of action I can take against my mother? and how can I stop my maintenance?  and how can I get my mony back?

Expert please give me your advice.

Learning

9 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 December 2022

You can file a case under section 127 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 through a local prudent lawyer.

pradip   28 December 2022

Thank you for reply sir. Can I get my money back through 127 and how much time it will take to decide it? 

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 December 2022

You have not posted the complete facts. Why the Court's order to pay maintenance?

pradip   29 December 2022

Thank you, P. Venu sir, My mother had filed her examination through an affidavit, and then after she do not come for the cross-examination. Meanwhile, I have an accident happened and I was not able to present in court. During this time my advocate become idle, he had not taken cross-examination of my mother, and he has do not produce any documents in court not only that he has not done a final argument in court. After the final order was passed by the court, no one informed me. Then after 10 months, I got a recovery notice from the court at that time I come to know about the court order. Then after I filed an appeal in the high court, the high court rejected it due to delay. Then after I filed the SLP in the supreme court but it was also rejected. I filed 127 in family court in 2018. The court has asked to submit an affidavit as per the supreme court guidelines. I have submitted the affidavit but my mother has not submitted it for a long time so, I have filed 226 in the high court and it is pending. Here in 127 I have made a typo mistake in my affidavit that I have omited 2 colum by mistake and that are not applicable to me but, the court have forcefully compled me to withdwro my case and have withdrow my 127 in Nov. 2022. This is the histry of my case. Now I request you please guide me.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 December 2022

Originally posted by : pradip

Thank you, P. Venu sir, My mother had filed her examination through an affidavit, and then after she do not come for the cross-examination. Meanwhile, I have an accident happened and I was not able to present in court. During this time my advocate become idle, he had not taken cross-examination of my mother, and he has do not produce any documents in court not only that he has not done a final argument in court. After the final order was passed by the court, no one informed me. Then after 10 months, I got a recovery notice from the court at that time I come to know about the court order. Then after I filed an appeal in the high court, the high court rejected it due to delay. Then after I filed the SLP in the supreme court but it was also rejected.
I filed 127 in family court in 2018. The court has asked to submit an affidavit as per the supreme court guidelines. I have submitted the affidavit but my mother has not submitted it for a long time so, I have filed 226 in the high court and it is pending. Here in 127 I have made a typo mistake in my affidavit that I have omited 2 colum by mistake and that are not applicable to me but, the court have forcefully compled me to withdwro my case and have withdrow my 127 in Nov. 2022.
This is the histry of my case. Now I request you please guide me.

@ Pradip,

You may withdraw your application u/s 127 CrPC with liberty to refile, however, you have already withdrawn it you should refile. 

There is no limitation applicable in an applicatio n u/s 127 CrPC.

Seek professional services of another local prudent lawyer replacing existing lawyer.

If you are located in Delhi / NCR and feel so, may contact me.

Best wishes for the coming New Georgian year-2023

pradip   30 December 2022

Thank you Dr. J. C. Vashista sir for your advice and offer of help. I am not from Delhi but, I will save your contact. Whenever I need any law related assistance Delhi side I will contact you.

pradip   31 December 2022

Thank you Alpa Jogi for your advice.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 January 2023

Wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Gorgion Year-2023

pradip   01 January 2023

Wish you happy and prosperous new year.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register