Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tushar (Director)     16 July 2014

Lost stamped paper

Hi,

I am Tushar Surekha. I had agreed to buy a flat in 2011 and paid approx 3 lacs towards stamp duty. However due to some reason, we were not able to register the document and now the builder cannot locate the document (document had been stamped) . I have a xerox copy of the document and the xerox of dd (thru which the stamp duty was paid).

Please help me on what i must do to get a duplicate / or get the money refunded / document freshly restamped for addtional amount and registered.

Your input will be very helpful

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 July 2014

File an application to stamps and duty Registration department to get the original. Use RTI act to get information from the department to get the status of the original document. The government has not framed any rules or procedures on what should consumers do if the SDR loses or misplaces their documents.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 July 2014

You have to enquire with the local treasury office about the procedure  to get refund of unused Stamp duty while the same has been lost in the transit, perhaps you may be advised to lodge a complaint with the Police and to produce the copy of the same along with a Non traceable certificate.  Also, please ensure that the same is not barred by limitation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register