LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Eric Easter   02 July 2016

Local criminals sending thousands of fake mails to police

Around 15-20 local criminals opened a fake email account in the name of my friend and they are using that email account to send 8-10 vulgar threat emails to high-ranking district police officers using my friend's name and other details. They are also mentioning daily events from my friend's life to increase the credibility of the emails. For instance, as they can know who is coming to my friend's house, what is happening in my friend's house etc. they are mentioning those details in the emails to increase the credibility of the emails. This is happening daily. If the cops arrest my friend, will it be a problem for my friend defending himself in court due to the huge volume of emails (at least 750) and the mentions of true events? The IP addresses will never match as they are using their devices for sending the emails and they are not educated enough to know about IP address.

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 July 2016

What is your friend doing ?  Ask him immediately to file complaint direct to Cyber Crime Cell disowing such mails and ask them to investigate the matter as immediately as possible and take advocate's advise and publicise about such fake mails and his disowning of such mails.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register