LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hisifybird (retd)     22 November 2010

List of IPC sections tryable by lower court only

Is there a list of IPC sections that can be tried only by lower court and not sessions or other courts. ? If so, can some one help me find where it is available on the net ? Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

There is no such borderline.  The offences said to have been tried by the lowest grade is judicial magistrate court and the Highest grade is Sessions court.  Kindly refer the Criminal procedure code schedule I and II

1 Like

(Guest)

yes i agree with mr s.ganesan...all section of ipc may applied by lower court ...but yes capital punishment may not be pronounced by lower court.........

ishaq mohd (advocate)     24 November 2010

the first schedule is attached with cr.p.c. in which details about section offence punishment cognizable or non cognizable  bailable or non bailable triable by which court isarrenged

1 Like

hisifybird (retd)     25 November 2010

Is there any mention in the first schedule of CrPC  that Sec. 425 of IPC should be tried by lower court only ? 

(Guest)

Sec. 425 of IPC is only a definition provision.  Sec. 426 of IPC deals with punishment.  It says that it can be tried by any magistrate.  So a magistrate or a session can try along other offences. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register