LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

J.R. Mehta   08 February 2024

Legal heirs of an unmarried deceased woman

My unmarried sister has expired in Oct. 2023. My parents are also not alive. Will my another sister, who has also expired some years back, be considered as legal heir of my unmarried sister who expired in Oct. 2023. 

Learning

4 Replies

PSVNL Sai Kumar (Software Engineer)     08 February 2024

1. In your case, the heirs are class 2 successors
  2. They are, father, sibling, living children’s grandchildren, sibling’s children.
  3. You should obtain a succession certificate from court.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     09 February 2024

Since other unmarried sister was pre-deceased of your sister (2nd unmarried sister) she will be one of other successors.

Prima facie  it is a time pass query reposted after https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/legal-heirs-of-an-unmarried-wowan-232875.asp. However, if you are not satisfied with obligation of experts on this platform it is advisable to consult some local prudent lawyer for better analyses of facts and professional advise. 

Shashi Dhara   09 February 2024

The surviving siblings will inherit of unmarried daughter share. Pre deceased childrens dont inherit.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 February 2024

The querist has repeated the same question in various threads in the forum as well as the experts section of the same website.

There should be a limit for his anxiety.

The practical problems can be discussed with an advocate directly instead of posting questions repeatedly in this website where only same answers will be found 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register