LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohit verma   20 March 2018

law related to hindu joint family.

what is the law related to undivided hindu joint family.if a member of joint family adopt a child .what is the rules in law.

Learning

12 Replies

Adv. SIddharth Jain (Advocate )     20 March 2018

Adoption has the effect of transferring the adopted child from his natural family into the adoptive family. It confers on the adoptee, the same rights and privileges in the family of the adopter as the legitimate son except in few cases. While an adopted child acquires rights in the adoptive family, he loses all the rights in his natural family, including the right of claiming any share in the estate of his natural father’s or natural relations or any share  in the coparcenary property of his natural family.

Regards,
Siddharth Jain

rohit verma   20 March 2018

OK, sir but query is that simply the child care in family but no registration of adoption i.e unadopted child girl rights in a joint hindu family .

Adv. SIddharth Jain (Advocate )     20 March 2018

Section 16 of Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance Act envisages a statutory presumption that in the event of there being a registered document pertaining to adoption there would be a presumption that adoption has been made in accordance with law S.11(vi) of the Act, which records that the child to be adopted must be actually given and taken in adoption by the parents or guardian concerned with intent to transfer the child from the family of its birth to the family of its adoption.
So, you'll have to get adoption deed drafted and file it in SDM office.
For further information about this, contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2018

The adopted child gets rights as that of biological child…

The valid adoption has already been cited  above.

IT is not just child care but legal rights e.g; inheritance as well per Hindu Succession laws...

rohit verma   21 March 2018

that unadopted girl used name of my uncle in high-school certificate, ration card, gas book,pan card,etc.as a father. so she has a rights in his property. in case of unregistered adoption deed.or any documents related to her adoption.

please suggest me.

Siddharth Jain   21 March 2018

Yes. There are various judgments which support the same.

Now in 2012 my uncle disowned that girl in property gazzeted in a local newspaper.

Siddharth Jain   21 March 2018

Please post all the facts at once. For further queries and discussion, contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     21 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Legal Expert

1 Like

What is your personal mail.sir

rohit verma   22 March 2018

please send me your pm

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register