LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SRM Naktala   22 March 2024

Kolkata municipal corporation rules on pet dogs

My neighbour has 14 dogs of different breeds. The dogs are taken out throughout the day by the handler and they keep on peeing and pooping on the road in front of my house. The stench is unbearable. The poops are not removed....the pee smell becomes unbearable after rains or a shower at the end of a sunny day. Despite making them requests to build a toilet in their building and give the dogs toilet training, they have turned deaf ears.I have spoken to the Councillor but he fears backlash from Dog lovers and also says he is ignorant about the laws. So what remedy do I have now? 

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 March 2024

This is a public nuisance and cannot be tolerated besides creating an unpleasant living situation.

You can make a complaint against the dog owner with the municipality and request for proper action against him so that he doesn't indulges in such acts of nuisance in future failing which a nuisance case can be booked against him.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     23 March 2024

Submit your complaint to Municipal authorities and local police, if the owner / handler fails to clean the area.

You may also file a suit for mandatory and permanent injunction against such public nuisance through a local prudent lawyer. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register