LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ameedmurad (Business )     09 January 2013

Know abot procedure

hi im in a relationship with my bfsince two years and now im feeling dat he will not marry me but for this i have asked him to give me in written on stamp paper dat he will marry soo i want to knw how d agreement should be made on stamp paper will it be a legal he is agree to gve in wriitten even his parents also pls suggest me about d procedure and wil it be legal document

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     09 January 2013

Even if he agreed to give in writing it may not work because if he breaches the codition, you will have to initiate legal proceedings against him.  It is better to get marry him.

RK (Learner)     09 January 2013

This doesn't comes under a valid contract.

No legal document is required in this case. If you have a doubt, plan to get married immediately at the earliest. Hope you have observed some of the similar situations in day-to-day news that girls who got cheated in the myth of getting married with a person are filing cases and coming on to roads performing strikes demanding to get married with the guy who has cheated her in the name of love and promise of marriage.

Love or a promise to marry cannot be made into contract.

Moreover, personally speaking if you ask for such written agreements in such sensitive issues, the 2nd party would get a feel that you don't believe him and that in future you may harass doubting him everytime on every thing. This paves way for misunderstandings and seperation.

So, it would be better to inform your parents and get engaged at the earliest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register