Share More

jivan navale   17 August 2023

Kharedi khat value in law

dear sir 

no satbara only kharedi have with me so any laws rules about kharedi khat 

Learning

2 Replies

Chetan Parmar   18 August 2023

The term "Satbara" refers to the Extract from the Land Register maintained by the Revenue Department of the Government of Maharashtra. The "Satbara" (also known as 7/12 Extract) shows the details of the land, its owner, and other important details about the land like the type of cultivation, loans on the property, etc.

On the other hand, "Kharedi Khat" refers to the purchase deed or sale deed, which is an agreement of sale between the buyer and the seller. It is a legal document that evidences the sale and transfer of ownership of an immovable property.

If you only have the "Kharedi Khat" with you, here's what you need to understand:

1. Legal Significance: The "Kharedi Khat" is an important legal document as it establishes the terms and conditions of the sale and indicates that you have purchased the property. It serves as primary evidence of ownership.

2. Registering the Deed: If you have purchased a property, it's essential to ensure that the sale deed ("Kharedi Khat") is registered at the Sub-Registrar's office. Only a registered deed can effectively convey the title of the property.

3. Obtaining 7/12 Extract (Satbara) After Sale: After the registration of the sale deed, you should update the revenue records to reflect the change in ownership. Once this is done, the 7/12 extract (Satbara) will show your name as the current owner.

4. Relevance in Disputes: In case of disputes, having only the Kharedi Khat might not be sufficient. While it establishes the fact of purchase, the 7/12 extract, which is an official record, will carry more weight in establishing ownership, especially if the other party produces a more recent Satbara with their name on it.

5. Procedure to Obtain Satbara: If you do not have the Satbara, you can obtain it from the Tehsil office. However, ensure that your name is updated in the official records after the purchase.

6. Legal Recourse: If there are disputes or issues due to the absence of the Satbara, you may need to approach a local lawyer familiar with land and property laws in Maharashtra. They can guide you on the procedures and legal remedies available.

To conclude, while the "Kharedi Khat" is valuable as it evidences the transaction, it is equally important to have the updated 7/12 extract (Satbara) to avoid future complications and firmly establish ownership.

Vaibhav Palve   10 January 2024

request more information about a specific IPC section. I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with a detailed explanation or any relevant resources related to this section. Your expertise in this matter would be invaluable to me, and I am eager to gain a deeper understanding of the subject.It has come to my attention that a complaint has been filed against me alleging non-payment as per the terms mentioned in the Kharedi Khat. However, I would like to bring to your attention that the property in question was sold to me by the seller, and my father had already made the payment in liquid cash back in the 90s.I have been residing on the property for the past 40 years, and during the 7/12 process, the complaint was filed against me. I have all the necessary documents and eyewitness accounts to support my claim. I am seeking a resolution to this matter and would appreciate your guidance on how we can proceed to resolve this issue amicably. I am open to discussing this matter further and providing any additional information that may be required.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register