LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Acharya (Service)     23 January 2016

Issue regarding the sale deed

Dear expert, I have purchased the bunglow in May, 2012 in the ongoing project from the builder at Malvan, Maharashtra.In the same month ie May 2012, with builder I have executed the sathe karar (Agreement to Sale) on my name (Sole Owner).
I have already paid complete stamp duty & registration during sathe karar (ie on May 2012)at malvan Tahasil Office.
Now the bunglow is ready and we are going for the sale deed.

Please help me clarify, can I include my Father & Mother as a co owners in the sale deed? (their names are not there in the agreement to sale).

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

you have done registration and paid stamp duty on agreement to sale which means the property is now registered in your name. now i don't think you can make your parents as co owner because then the nature of ownership will change from single owmership to joint ownership. now you have to inform the tahasildar to add your parent's name and make it joint ownership. then you execute your sale deed by making your parents a party.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 January 2016

author, in general in the sale agreement it will be mentioned by the executant/builder that the sale deed will be executed in whose favour you want, it will be executed.  if it is mentioned in the sale agreement deed, then you can add your parents name. other  wise  you cannot add.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 January 2016

The agreement to sale may be referred.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register