LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

zano   14 July 2023

Is this valid poof registered post delivery? -seal , date not clear at alll

I have been having consistent problems with registered post delivery and have complained to postal dept with no effect. See attached file for how unclear the seal is -there is no way to know who received it and when

Would anyone consider this valid proof of delivery of an important registered post?

To provide some background Court has asked me to issue a dasti summons but given the problems I have ensuring reliable delivery, I prefer the Court to issue the summons. Problem is I do not know how to make this submission to Court.

Any pointers appreciated

Learning

4 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     15 July 2023

You are required to submit proof of service to the opposite party.

Facts posted are vague.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     15 July 2023

Delivery of registered post letter may be verified by postal  tracking report which is valid proof of delivery of letter.

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 July 2023

This is a repeated query, though with different wording. I have following (last and concluding) suggestion as to the original query -

"You are assuming too many things, I am afraid, File affidavit of service with the documents you have and leave it to the Court as to there has been Notice is proper or otherwise. To my knowledge, the Court is not required to be hyper-technical as to proof of service."

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=230085&offset=1

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 July 2023

Yes as suggested by experts above, you can file an affidavit of service along with the online copy of the tracking report before the court on the next date of hearing. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register