Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Is the son/family liable to pay father's debt after expiry

Page no : 2

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 November 2018

According to my understanding:  Your father has acquired the property in his own name as co sharer, with other shaerers being his own children, he died leaving debts.

The simple answer is YES:  His estate is liable for the attachment or some other court proceedings and the creditors must be satisfied.  They can not proceed on your assets as you have separated unless, he has incurred the debts for your neessities like education of sending to higher education and sich bank loans for welfare of the family.

1 Like

(Guest)

Thank you G.L.N. Prasad sir for your detailed response.

Please,l I do not deserve that being a lay may, and I treat it an insult if some one states which I do not really deserve.

It is the experts and professionals that are holding high the reputation of the forum, and the forum administration that has given you the opportunity.

We just interact and exchange, experts can only guide and ulimately it is left to the member to decide on the issue.

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 November 2018

It is pre-requisite for any meaningful suggestion that the complete but simple facts ought to be disclosed. The present posting suggest an unusual situation. However, the querist is playing hide and seek with the facts. I initend to help him in my humble way, But I am helpless.

1 Like

It is true that disclosing complete facts may get good guidance, and it is most unfortunate that many members disclose some bare minimum facts to conceal their identity.  I have seen from some posts, that some queriests with an intention to cause a litigation, to protect their stand, they take precautions depending on the guidane they receive and for this they suppress vital facts.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register