Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jknksk143   13 August 2023

Is it legally right to transfer my friend mother's property to elder son's son (grandson)?

Dear Sir,

How are you? Hope you are doing well and good. 

My query is that is it possible to transfer my friend wife mother's property to her grandson in India.

Actually, the property of my friend mother is given by her father and she is getting forced by one of her younger son to transfer property to his name and also given death threat to her. So, she is thought to transfer the property to her elder son's son (grandson). The younger son doesn't have any children's and the elder son's son age is minor of age 10 years old. Please kindly advise me to guide them in a legal and ethical manner. Thank you very much for your time and considerations. God bless you and your family.

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 August 2023

Your friend's mother is the absolute owner of the property as per your query.  So she can gift the property to whom she wishes to give through a registered gift deed.

jknksk143   13 August 2023

Dear Sir, 

Thank you very much for your kind reply. God bless you and your family. 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     13 August 2023

Since your friend's mother is  absolute owner of property so she has every right to transfer the property as per her wish .No body/person can compel her to transfer the property as per his wish.She can gift ,sell or bequeath the property to any one.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 August 2023

Your friend's wife's mother  inherited the property from her father after which it becomes her own and absolute property,,i.e., her self acquired property.

In this sitution she can transfer her property to anyone of her choice or desire.

If she wants to transfer this property in favor of her grandson as a gift  deed, she can very well do so out of love and affection and the minor child's mother can be appointed as legal guardian to the minor son for this property till the child attains the age of majority. 

Her younger son cannot challenge this trransfer legally.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     14 August 2023

I fully agree with experts, she is absolute owner and entitled to transfer to anyone of her choice.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     14 August 2023

She can execute a Gift deed to whomsoever she desieres .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register