LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Internet Banking

My savings bank acct in BOI rkpuram-500056 was internet enabled. A sum of Rs 90000( Ninety thousand only) had been fraudulently internet transferred in eleven instalments ranging from Rs 1000 to Rs 20000( twenty thou) into five accounts in three branches of BOI namely Goregaon(w), Andheri and Surat on first and second January 2010.

The headoffice of BOI identified the transfer as hacking from computers located at Australia, Canada & Nigeria and immediately blocked my acct in all respect i.e no internet banking. Use of Debit card for withdrawal from ATMs was also blocked. I was informed of the same on 3 Jan 2010 by my branch manager Rk puram -500056.

I made a complaint to the bank . Bank asked me to lodge a complaint with cyber cell. The DSP there at Cyber Cell asked me lodge a complaint with the bank as they were entrusted with safe custody etc etc. At long last i made complaint to the Hyderabad Banking Ombudsman.

Banking auth blamed me for compromising of my credentials with the hackers and the BO HYD gave a ruling in tjheir favour stating that internet transfer was a valid transaction and the bank was not liable for the lapses. I HAVE MADE SEVERAL REPRESENTATION WITH THE RESERVE BANK against the order of the Banking Ombudsman Hyderabad. I have not recd any reply from the reserve bank of india as on date.

I have asked for the following info from the BOI RK PURAM BRANCH against RTI act 2005 :-

a)   Did they block the accts of their customers at those three BOI branches where my money was transferred ( they had blocked my acct presuming the acts were of hacking at that point of time). If not why not?

b) Was the respective branch managers were alerted ?

c ) If yes to above , what actions did those br managers took to prevent withdrawals of the hacked amount.. If not why not?

d)  No infirmities were found in the respective KYCs - was the observation by the BO Hyd. Were the customers confronted against the fraudulent transfer by the respective bank managers or the designated vigilance officials of BOI? If not why not.

I have not recd any reply even after 3 months . How do I proceed?

Learning

3 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     18 January 2011

WITHOUT A COMPLAINT WITH THE POLICE IT IS DIFFICULT TO TRACK THE CULPRITS AND RECOVEN THE AMOUNT WHICH WERE FRAUDENTLY SIPHONED OFF FROM YOUR ACCOUNT.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     18 January 2011

BANK HAVE NO POWER TO FREEZE ANY BODY ACCOUNT WITHOUT PROPER ORDER FROM THE COMPETENT AUTHORITY.

Munish Goyal   29 October 2023

please collect information first from the bank manager  regrading the complaint number and concerned cyber police station and disputed transaction and its amount then you can contact. i will surely help you.  

Regards

Munish Goyal & Associate Lawyers
Munish Goyal Advocate
Cyber Crime Cases Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register