LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

James Anderson   20 December 2023

Information regarding k-1 visa

Well! I wanted to know what will be the exact cost of hiring one immigration consultant, including the fees of K-1 visa immigration, and any hidden expenses involved. Plus, I wanted to know how much time will it take to bring my fiancee to U.S.

Please Help!

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     20 December 2023

No legal elements are involved in the query.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 December 2023

A K-1 fiancé visa is a type of nonimmigrant visa that allows a U.S. citizen's fiancé to enter the United States to get married. After filing Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiancé and Form DS-160: Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, you will attend a visa interview.

Once married, the foreign fiancé can apply for a marriage green card in the United States. Applying for a K-1 visa can be a good option if your U.S. citizen fiancé cannot travel abroad to get married. A K-1 visa costs $800 and usually takes 12–15 months to receive. The process of getting a marriage green card from a K-1 visa costs $1,225 and takes an additional 4–6 months.

joycedaniels   26 March 2024

When considering hiring an immigration consultant for a K-1 visa application, it's essential to inquire about their fees and any potential hidden expenses upfront. The exact cost can vary depending on the consultant's rates, the complexity of your case, and additional services provided. It's advisable to request a detailed breakdown of fees and expenses to ensure transparency.

As for the timeline to bring your fiancée to the U.S. on a K-1 visa, it typically takes several months to complete the application process. Factors such as USCIS processing times, embassy or consulate scheduling, and any additional documentation required can affect the overall timeline. While there's no fixed timeframe, it's essential to start the process early and follow all instructions carefully to minimize delays. Consulting with an immigration professional can provide personalized guidance and help navigate the K-1 visa application process efficiently.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register