LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D.Dakshinamoorthy (Sr.Office Supdt.,)     05 November 2013

Illegal patta

Dear Sirs :             Kindly provide me your advice the following :            

Our relatives holding house and agricultural lands for the past 60 years. They are paying house tax and land tax and enjoying the property. Actually, According to the WILL made by a Lady, the owner of the said property is another person. ( i.e her son - after the demise of the son, the relatives mutated the land and transferred (the owner of the land i.e. from the lady and his son) their names and got  Pattas for the past 60 years. Taking into the account of the WILL - stating the Survey No - the same Survey Nos are in the present owner.  

My point is that : 

A person/his successor  holds land for the past 60 years - ( He knows the True Owner of the Land ) But he made a Patta for the said land in his name -  Will it be valid ?  

If  true owner/his successors know this kind of action,  is there any remedy to claim for the said land as per the Court of law ? 

Expecting your favourable reply,

With regards, 

( D.Dakshina Murthy ).

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 November 2013

You may issue a legal notice staking claim over the property on the basis of available papers with you, if they do not comply or ready for talks, file a suit declaration and eviction against the squatters.

D.Dakshinamoorthy (Sr.Office Supdt.,)     05 November 2013

Dear Sir, Thanks for your guidance. I will follow the same. With kind regards, Dakshina

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register