LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

J S.SEKARA (Retd)     29 October 2013

Illegal land transfer

One land lord Mr. Hanumappa formed a layout in kengeri hobli at Sy.No.45 (presently under BBMP) in his land and distributed sites to various persons by duly registering the site in their name during 1989-1990. In sale deed he has mentioned that land is converted with permission from DC as well as Tahsildar. He has mentioned ref .No.also without date.One Mr.Rao who was allotted one of such sites during that time, sold the site to me during 2000. This site was duly registered in my name. I have katha, Tax paid receipt in my name. Even EC till date is showing that there is no other transaction pertaining to the site except my name.

However during 2006 said Hanumappa colluding with his brother has got the entire survey No. 45  changed to his brothers name in DC office. DC stated in his order that transfer of ownership done as per joint declaration of these brothers. Now his brother is claiming that entire land belongs to him and forcibly vacating site allotees from land in spite of sites registered in their name.

Now what is the legal remedy for site owners? Can DC effect such transfers without verifying whether any sale transactions has been made on that survey Nos?

Please guide.

Learning

1 Replies

LegalArrow ( Advocate Bangalore)     01 November 2013

1. You can file a suit in a civil court for Declaration that you are the owner

2. You can approach High Court to give a Direction to THE DC to transfer the revenue records in ur name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register