LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous (Business )     05 April 2024

I have got police man inquiring about

I am out abroad and my wife already filled DV case already and now police people came and said she filled complaint against dowrey.

what should i do? To protect my perents ?

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 April 2024

very scketchy information.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 April 2024

If the police have given notice, then you cooperate with the police and give statement denying the allegations and can inform police that you will take care  of the issue through court of law and obtain an anticipatory bail in order to prevent being arrested

1 Like

Anonymous (Business )     06 April 2024

So it means my perents can get arraested as they already have given the statement and denied all the alligations to police who came last day to my house??

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     07 April 2024

Who all are respondent in the complaint , contents, prayer of aggrieved person and where is the case pending?

Alleged complaint against dowry is not maintainable under the provisions of Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 (commonly known as "DV") and police have "no" jursidiction to entertain any such complaint.

Did you or other respondent(s) have engaged a lawyer to defend the case ? If so, what is his / her opinion and advise ?

Whether the Magistrate has summoned the respondent(s) after consideration of DIR of the Protection Officer ?

What sort of protection and/or miracle do you expect from experts on this platform without going through relevant facts ?

Anonymous (sss)     08 April 2024

My wife filled a case 498a after 9 years of marrige and i am outside of india 

will FIR be on my name?

is there gonna be issue on my visa?

what can i do to prevent any issue if any ??

what happen if i do not go back to india.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register