Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Happily Divorced (TL)     27 October 2014

I got a second notice for maintenance, what is it?

My wife filed for divorce and maintenance(HAMA section 18) and I got summons to attend on dec5th 2014.

But today again I got a notice IA 806/14 to appear before Oct 31 2014(that is 3days from now) if I have any concerns over the maintenance case. Otherwise it is mentioned the proceddings will be exparte.

Any idea what is it all about? why I have to attend twice?

Learning

3 Replies

Happily Divorced (TL)     27 October 2014

interim application for hearing that a maintenance case is filed?

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     27 October 2014

Hi Maanas,

I think it is the interim maintenance before maintenance under HAMA 18 is decided. Because, without this maintenance amount, the other party may have to beg for food. To avoid that, they want money from you _immediately_.  They don't need you but only your money.

I filed for divorce 10 months before. 3 round of mediations and 4 court dates over. But judge has not started even a single day of hearing of my grievances. But, they immediately scheduled hearing for her IA.

It is all women centric law. No relief for men.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     27 October 2014

By looking closely the notice of S.18 HAMA, divorce case and I.A. 806/14, try to find out that I.A. pertains to main case of Divorce u/s. 24 or main case of HAMA.  Any how, you may know about this once you appear on 31st.  Note that in one case if you pay maintenance, that can be taken care of in another case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register