Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How to get your husband to agree to the mutual consent divorce, need advise,tips, experience

My husband and I are both in our thirties. We have been married for more than 3 years. My husband is actually a very nice and helpful person at heart and handles situations very well and talks very well. But yes, he does get angry at times, taunts, and gets possessive of me. We do not have children or any sort of property issues, nor any other financial settlements (maybe some minor financial settlements which can be ignored). I do not want any alimony from him. However, I have completely lost compatibility and attraction to him and no longer want to continue this marriage for our own good. I know I need to be empathetic, compassionate, gentle and firm while revealing the mutual divorce decision with him. Can someone help me with some tips, advise or their experience on how to get your spouse to agree to the mutual consent divorce? This will mean a lot to me! Thank you in advance!

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 April 2022

Approach your jurisdictional District Legal Services Authority and file a Pre Litigation conciliation and womens' voluntary organizations or family counseling centers may help you.  Except for formal typing charges and postal charges you need not spend a single rupee and non-compatibility is the only reason you have to state without any allegations in the petition.  The DLS will guide you further with free legal aid and help in preparing a simple petition. It is your personal issue and in general no one wants a divorce from such a considerate husband.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 April 2022

Try and reconcile issues and save the matrimonial institution.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 April 2022

The posting suggests no legal elements. May be, professional counselling can redeem the situation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register