Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ring (English)     09 August 2011

How can i convert pdf files to epub format?

hi,I 'm a student of a college,There is a problem bothering me for a long time.

I have a CD of PDF files, is there a way I can convert them to ePub files?

Is there an online/desktop tool that will allow me to do that?

Thanks.

Learning

11 Replies

Democratic Indian (n/a)     09 August 2011

Search in google for "converting pdf to epub". You will get plenty of results.

qing2apple (none)     10 August 2011

Since I am a eBook lover, so I think some useful site to make the conversion.

There is free PDF to ePub converter online calibre.com but it has a catsh that you may not convert in batch at one time. And it perhaps takes a long time to present you the output files.

i8iphone8i (none)     12 August 2011

Originally posted by :qing2apple
"

There is free PDF to ePub converter online calibre.com but it has a catsh that you may not convert in batch at one time. And it perhaps takes a long time to present you the output files.
"

Generally speaking, it's a bad idea. An ePub file, essentially, is a ZIP file with a bunch of HTML and image files inside. HTML is essential in order for the content to be reflowable. When you start with a PDF, you don't have the flow, so you usually end up converting PDF pages into images, which sort of defeats the purpose of ePub.

lan0.sky0 (none)     12 August 2011

Originally posted by :qing2apple
"

Also, you may try this tutorial about "how to convert PDF to ePub format". Results depend entirely on the PDFs that you want to convert.

Glad that you got it working. 

"

Legal Note: If they are not your copyright owned property then it is illegal for you to convert them to another format for distribution. If they are your legal property then you should have the original files the PDFs were created from, and in that case you would have someone import those original files into InDesign if they aren't already then publish out as an ePub.

priya (sdd)     09 October 2011

To convert PDF to ePub, What you'll Need:

* PDF files and a computer

* PDF to ePub Converter like Aiseesoft PDF to ePub 

freddy stewert (im bored)     04 November 2011

yes u can, there is free software.If u have problem's with the free software  (callaber , 2epub... extra) u may have problems with the PDF u are using. PDF's are just HTML that is ether saved as images or text. If it's saved as images ( most likly they are cuz u got them from a cd) then u will need to use OCR to digitally convert the images to text so that u can convert it, this is expensive enough u might as well just use a real company to do the conversion they will do it all for around the same price as useing the ocr. My favorite company is   <a target='_blank' rel='nofollow' href=”https://convertabook.com/” >epub converter</a>

glimpy (Lab admin)     04 November 2011

Just write the same title in google, you will find number of sites to convert PDF.

Vasquezbo (Software)     07 January 2013

Hey, I am also looking for PDF to Epub converter then I saw your post here. It's good to get some recommendation here, and I have also saw other recommendations, such as free 3D PageFlip PDF to Epub converter, and even some one said there is a kind of page flip book maker can convert PDF to html book or Epub book easily. 

ankeycart (flipbook maker)     30 May 2013

Hi, I have used kvisoft flip book maker to convert pdf to epubs. This tool allows user to convert PDF to flipping book, catalog, online magazine without any professional skills. This is one of my prodicts

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82238631/magazine2/magazine2/index.html

Hope it is helpful to you.

tappydisuza (SEO)     10 June 2014

To convert any PDF file to ePUB format you can use a converter tool to do this task perfectly. Use PDF to ePub converter and make a good quality of ePub file from a PDF file. This tool is able to do this type of conversion without any error.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register