Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Her parents blackmail her;what should she do?

Page no : 2

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     21 September 2010

There are some people who do not like girls, and avoid spending even on their basic needs, they brought them up with minimum expenditure,  and at last they somehow manage to marry them anywhere to save money, thus fulfill their obligation ( In crude Hindi it is like “Kisi tarah se Nipatana or apne dayitva se bari ho jana”). Finally all the wealth goes to their sons, which is like “Khandaan Ka Paisa Khandan Me hi Rah Gaya).

And also they do not want their married daughter back alive, but dead is acceptable due social stigma with a belief that “Pita ke ghar se sirf doli uthati hai, aur pati ke ghar se arthi”. ("The social stigma prevailing to unmarried women and divorced women are so strong that most parents would rather see their daughter’s dead then to have them get a divorce and return permanently to the parental home".) So, we should not take complain of the married daughter in a lighter note, rather with a serious note, otherwise it could be fatal.  Timely action and attention surely can save her life, if not marriage. Life is precious, save it.

Even while making will and gift some people make it conditional {(like if there will not be any male heir from my son, then the entire property will be back to my original Khandaan (Dynasty)}. I know a family in which one son had only five daughters and another had four sons, and all the property got gifted to the son who is having only sons, and other son who had five daughters did not get anything becoz that would have been inherited by the son in laws.

Medieval mindset is still prevailing to so many people, and these evil type social customs/bondages find many takers for the reason best known to them and to us. So, this type of discrimination even before birth of a girl child must stop. These types of mindset must be widely discouraged and must be vigorously/strongly condemned by all of us unanimously.  

Also Here must take note of the lines of Aishwarya Madam that "a person tolerating and watching injustice mutely is a bigger sinner that the person doing injustice."

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register