Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr. Professional (SE)     27 May 2010

Help needed.

Dear Forum,

This is a case my friend is taking up. Need your help as the situation is getting complicated. It has been put in first person.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. X is my client. Ms.Y is daughter of Mr.X. Mr.Z is the husband of Ms.Y

Families of Mr.X and Mr.Z are Hindu. But, from different castes. They are from same city.

Mr.Z and Ms.Y were working in an MNC in a different city. They both fell in love and got married in a temple in the presence of friends and colleagues. This happened last year without the knowledge of elders on both sides. They lived marital life there for 6 months.

4 months ago, the couple got transferred to the home town. They both were living in their respective homes since no one knows about marriage. One fine day, both of them revealed this to their respective families. Mr.Z's family agreed. However, my client did not agree since Mr.Z is a very arrogant person and is a litigant.

My client has disallowed his daughter from attending office and did not even allow her to inform the same at office. Her status in office is "Absconding". Meanwhile, Mr.Z was trying to negotiate with my client through some family friends. My client has asked some agents of his to call Mr.Z and threaten so that he'll not interfere again. However, his agents called him and started demanding money and even threatened to kill his family.

With these happenings, Mr.Z filed a complaint with the police asking for protection. Myself, my client and Ms.Y went to the police station and "managed" the inspector to compromise the issue without taking the matters public. The inspector threatened Mr.Z with false cases u/s IPC 376 and 354. Finally, Mr.Z agreed for a compromise. However, while withdrawing the complaint over E-Mail to the SHO, he mentioned that he is doing so due to threat from my client and the police did not notice that till date.

He even mentioned that he's resigning to his job and leaving the city as per the demands made by my client. The police did not check their E-Mail for 20 days and this came to lime light today. Mr. Z also resigned from his job stating reasons of "threat from my client" and "inaction of the corrupt police".

Last night, Mr.Z attempted a suicide by overdosing on sleeping pills. He is now in coma. A case of IPC 309 has been registered against him.

He left a suicide note alleging that my client has been trying to extort money from him and has been intimidating him with death. He also compiled a full book of E-Mails and SMSs exchanged between Ms.Y and him with all details of time and date. Ms.Y, on various occassions confirmed their marriage in the temple. She even wrote the following lines in one E-Mail

"I am now forced to forget you and our marriage. Till now, you have been spared with life by my dad because I agreed to forget and bury the past"

Now, cases of IPC 306 have been booked against both Mr.X and Ms.Y. Also, cases of IPC 506 and IPC 384 have been booked. My client and his family are absconding.

Please suggest me with the proceedings of this case. Mr.Z is in coma and has 50-50 chances of recovery.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Naresh Chandra Goyal (Chairman)     27 May 2010

On these facts a compromise proposal with the Mr.Z may be adviced.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register