Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil (Sr. Executive)     11 October 2013

Harrasement by my wife and in laws

Hi,

Please help me on how to work out of a legal mess created by my wife. Rewind: I got married in November 2011 in Delhi as per Hindu Marriage act. After 3 months, brought her to Dubai. After staying for 6 months she picked up a fight and her mother came to Dubai and took her along without our aaproval. Staying alone for 6 months(June 2012) she came back realising her mistake and apoloised to my family. Later on, after a year in May 2013, she went to India on pretext of visiting her family , but she filed a complaint for divorce. She stated in the report that I will not give divorce as I will rape her. (Not aware of this fact). She came to Dubai , acting as normal and after 3 days she left when i was not home. She took all my belongings and jewellery.

Being threatened with consequences knowing that indian law is in favor of women , i had no choice ut to accept her consent for divorce. later on, when realiseda complaint has been filed against me in delhi women cell, I called her up at Dubai police station. Where she agrred for mutual divorce and taking back her complaint. But i never received any signed papers from her side and complaint was never withdrawn.

Now, she is asking money of 25 laks for withdrawing the complaint. Whereas, she initiated the divorce process.

How can I be held liable to pay anything if wife is herself asking for divorce.?

Please help, as I am not able to think in stabely. It has caused a lot of hurt to me and my family.

Reards

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

Sad to hear your story.

These are tricks to suck your money/blood.

She wants you to pay money for withdrawing that case in women cell.

If you have not done anything wrong, then fight the  case out till the very end.

1 Like

Nikhil (Sr. Executive)     11 October 2013

Can you advice under what sections of Indian law can I make myself safe.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     11 October 2013

Dear,

There are many sections under which divorce could be sought and it depends under what section she is seeking divorce.

But, yes the bend of mind in divorce cases is to grant some monetary lump sum payment to  the wife (being dependent on her husband), but 25 lakhs is a big amount.

My suggestion is to settle the matter ambically.

Advocate Kapil Chandna

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     11 October 2013

Dear,

Sections, I mean you need to protect yourself by having a lawyer, because you cannot keep a track of all the cases and unless get some counsel they will not stop as to what they are doing.

You better file a case first to have an upper hand and mentioning all the facts in that petition, just to bring to the notice of the court as to how are being harassed and humiliated without any fault of yours.

Advocate Kapil Chandna

(Guest)

Hi,

Please help me on how to work out of a legal mess created by my wife. Rewind: I got married in November 2011 in Delhi as per Hindu Marriage act. After 3 months, brought her to Dubai. After staying for 6 months she picked up a fight and her mother came to Dubai and took her along without our aaproval. Staying alone for 6 months(June 2012) she came back realising her mistake and apoloised to my family. Later on, after a year in May 2013, she went to India on pretext of visiting her family , but she filed a complaint for divorce. She stated in the report that I will not give divorce as I will rape her. (Not aware of this fact).

Opinion: Come again with your query.Your last  line is not clear "She stated in the report that I will not give divorce as I will rape her. (Not aware of this fact)".

She came to Dubai , acting as normal and after 3 days she left when i was not home. She took all my belongings and jewellery.

Being threatened with consequences knowing that indian law is in favor of women , i had no choice ut to accept her consent for divorce. later on, when realiseda complaint has been filed against me in delhi women cell, I called her up at Dubai police station. Where she agrred for mutual divorce and taking back her complaint. But i never received any signed papers from her side and complaint was never withdrawn.

Opinion: You query is still not clear, you are only predicting her going and then coming, plz put factuals of the case.

Now, she is asking money of 25 laks for withdrawing the complaint. Whereas, she initiated the divorce process.

Opinion: All these demands are extortion. don't bent on her illegal demands.

How can I be held liable to pay anything if wife is herself asking for divorce.?

Opinion: Don't pay her,don't even talk to her, just leave her, her divorce will go to exparte. your lawyers cost, your up and down of flight charges and expenses will also be saved. As this lady is not trustworthy so better rennounce her . Let her get divorce by her own ,don't even follow her.

You are lucky that you have got a such a wife who herself want divorce but she is brainless here as she is claiming 25 lacks. It's sarcastic to read her that a wife who is desperate to get divorce and also claiming 25 lakhs. No husband will pay her single penny if such ladies are there. You Just incash her divorce desperateness.

Please help, as I am not able to think in stabely. It has caused a lot of hurt to me and my family.

Opinion: I don't see you have any case here.Just stay cool man. If she files any false cases also get AB and let her run around the Indian court's similar as these court's are her "Maika". A lady who is not static and deperately need divorce will not go pragmatic and she will definately try solve things without any delay is my view.

Reards

Nikhil (Sr. Executive)     15 October 2013

Thanks for your reply. The question of amicably resolving the situation is out of hands.

Demand and false allegations have started and it's getting ugly day  by day.

Nikhil (Sr. Executive)     15 October 2013

Thanks, your tips are very useful. This looks the best option as of now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register