Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Harassment by collection agency in case of identity mistake

Dear Sir / Mam, 

My name is Arvind Jaju and I am living in Kolkata. For the last 15-20 days, some credit card collection agents have been coming down at my residence address claiming me to be Arvind Jajoo another person having quite identical name of mine and who used to reside in my locality some few years back and who has defaulted in many bank credit card payments. Even after my explaining to them that I am not the same person as you are claiming to be, they are not stopping and are coming down at my residence at odd hours and threatening.
This has even happened at my absence when only my mother was their at home. Kindly help me how to get this matter sorted. In the meantime once they had even taken my Voter card number and my pan card number too for verification. But of no avail, they still are maintaining that I am the same person to be. 
Hope to hear from you soon. 

Thanks & Regards,
Arvind

Learning

4 Replies

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     09 May 2014

Please give a police complaint immediately, by narrating the facts and also with supporting documents, on the ground of harassment.They will help you.If they don't help you, then approach the highier police authorities since What the credit agent is doing is a criminal offence.

Please contact me for further clarifications if any.

srishaila,advocate,bangalore,9741425514,sdharani120@gmail.com

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     09 May 2014

1. Collect the names of the Banks who are following up for the payments through their recovery agents,

2. Write to the said Banks stating that you are not the same person,

3. Lodge a police complaint immediately to this effect against the said Banks,

4. As per Supreme Court Order, Banks can not resort to forceful recovery tactics even if from the actual Borrowers leave apart from  you who has identical name of the Borrower.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     09 May 2014

Rightly advised by Learned Mr. K. K. Ganguly . I endorse.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 May 2014

You have been given proper advises by learned advocates, you may follow the same or contact a local advocate for further steps.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register