LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakhee Borah   21 March 2018

Fraud by mahindra car dealers

I had visited a Mahindra showroom in Kolkata, (SHREE AUTOMOTIVES, TOPSIA) in December 2017. I was planning to buy an XUV 500. The salesperson showed me the car on display there in the showroom. It was an XUV 500 W10 manual. I was told about all the features of W10. I asked for a test drive. I was given a W10 (manual transmission) for test drive. I instantly liked the car and wished to book the car. The salesperson MR SAURAV NATH, told me that  the variant W9 AT has all the features that he showed me in a W10 and it comes 1.32 Lakhs cheaper . When I repeatedly asked WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN W10 AND W9 , he said only four differences were there namely
W10 has added features like
1.Leather seat covers
2.Projection light with XUV logo on ORVMs
3. Scuff Plates
4.Rear parking camera ( But which is there in W9)

I thought there are no major differences and booked the W9 AT with a One lakh rupees cheque.Later on, on delivery of the car,  I found the differences between W9 and W10 were major like:

W10 has

1.6 airbags but W9 has only 2

2.Drivers seat adjustment electronically ( 8 ways)

3.Driver side window one touch up and one touch down

4.Rear passenger adjustable seats

5.Ecosense

6.Connected apps

These features are all absent in my car and they sold me the car stressing upon these features.

I feel cheated. I would have paid 1.32 lakhs extra for the W10 for these added features. The car they have delivered to me is manufactured in September 2017, which was not yet sold , so they lured me into buying it showing all the features of W10. I would want strict action to be taken against  SHREE AUTOMOTIVE PVT LTD, for cheating.

I would also bring to your notice that just a couple of days back they approached me saying the cheque that I had given them as booking amount has bounced due to signature mismatch. I have told them that the matter needs to be sorted out first as to why I was cheated like this, then only I will pay the one lakh that is due.

Is there anything that can be done to teacht hem a lesson? Please guide.

Dr Rakhee Borah ,Gynaecologist, Kolkata.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. SIddharth Jain (Advocate )     22 March 2018

you can serve them a legal notice stating your grievances and if they don't budge, you can drag them to court under Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
For more queries, contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 March 2018

Hope you can establish what you have posted…!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 March 2018

Perspectives;

Talk to owner of the dealer firm and resolve amicably

Involve Area Sales Officer of M/s Mahindra and resolve amicably

Involve local IMA and apply influence and resolve amicably

Approach Consumer Forum..

Approach a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Consumer matters and having successful track record …and worth his/her salt…and discuss for a considered opinion..

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     23 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Legal Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register