LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinaya (teacher)     24 June 2010

urgent - need help

my husband after serving for 14 months 15 days in Qatar in Finance Dept, resigned and we came back to India on 16th April'09, he got his final settlement payment on 8th oct'09. In the last week of oct'09, one of his colleague had visited India, he gave my husband the relieving letter. my husband joined a new company in the second week of jan'10 in bangalore, but when his HR approached his qatar company they were informed that the relieving letter is a forged one, when the company has made his final settlement [we have the bank details] how can the company say the reliving letter is a forged one. now my husband's job is in problem. my husband called up qatar office for clarification, but got negative answer, he cant mention his colleague's name, because his career will be in problem, need advice .

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 June 2010

Instead of going to Qatar make a correspondance from bengaluru only. Send the attested copy of the relieving letter and final settlement of accounts.Dont go to qatar

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     24 June 2010

THE RELIVING LETTER IS A MUST ALONG WITH FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT. FIRST IGNORE THE PREVIOUS RE-LIVING LETTER. 

NOW ASK THE COMPANY TO SEND THE RELIVING LETTER AS PER THE F&F.

MEAN WHILE GIVE A LETTER OF APOLOGY& EXPLAINING THE TOTAL FACTS TO CONSIDER THE HR AS YOU ARE INNOCENT AND PRESS FOR THE RELIVING LETTER FROM EARLIER COMPANY THROUGH HR ITSELF IN POLITE MANNER.

MISTAKE HAD HAPPEN BETTER IN A SMOOTH MANNER WITHOUT AFFECTING THE CAREER.

HUMAN BEINGS MAKE MISTAKES, IT DOES NOT MEAN  CORRECTION/SOLUTIONS CAN NOTAVAILABLE IF UR AN INNOCENT .

mahendrakumar (marketing)     25 June 2010

was the relieving letter genuine?

if it is genuine,what is the need for further proof?

as suggested by Mr.Rajoo,i also feel that he should not go to qatar as the labour laws etc of gulf countries are not labour friendly.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     21 April 2011

Dear Mahendrakumar,Adv Rajoo and Mr Reddy,

How do u know about the labor and residency laws of Qatar?Have you ever visited or worked at  Qatar?Do you know about entry or Exit law of this country?These smaller gulf countries in size have magninomous heart larger than my home country. I have filed a suit against my company and I did not pay a single Rial as court fee, nor paid any bribe to court official to sent summon to the copmany and I dont need any lawyer to fight my case and I am confident that it would be decided in my favour unlike my home country.And the first hearing is scheduled on 26-04-2011.

If Ms.Vinaya's husband has been facing problem with his ex-employer at Qatar and his work permit cancelled and he left to India, can do nothing against that company and if he wants some help from Qatar it has to be routed through Ministry of External affairs at India because certain protocol is needed to have the help of other sovereign nation on mutual aspects.Move through proper channel and get your problem addressed.

No company at Qatar issues Relieving letter but the Exit Permit to leave Qatar and a Service Certificate on completion of contract if not renewed further with end of service benefits.Here in the Gulf-RELEASE LETTER is considered as a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE to get employment with other company at Qatar otherwise if you exit from Qatar after your work permit is cancelled, you are not allowed to enter Qatar for further TWO YEARS to work with another company however your original employer can call you back if so required at any time during this TWO YEAR'S BAN.Many Human's Right  organisations have been demanding to lift this restriction but this is not a democratic nation to fulfill their demands.If Honourable Emir of this country wishes so, it can revoke that order by decree but at present 2 years ban is the norm.

It is ironic that many people including the so-called experts tender their suggestions/advises without knowing anything at all

Please dont be overzealous to pass adverse comments on such nations for which you have no idea or even if some heresay adverse comments, then dont just jump to conclusions.Dont try to portray a civil, polite, humane and better country to live as a devil.Millions of expatriate are living a luxurious life in comparison to what they get at their home country and I shall ever be greatful to these nations.Nobody asks about a person's Caste, Creed,Language,external appearance, color of skin, religion(Though being a Muslim country),no separate law like my home country,irst experience then pass comments please.

Do readers want labour law and human's right in PDF, I can send them on request.

Regards.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     21 April 2011

To Ms.Vinaya: If your husband was employed and he had a tripartite contract duly attested by the labour department at Qatar and is governed by the labour laws at Qatar and found problem with his employer at Qatar, he should have submitted the complain to the Labour department and if his services were terminated without his fault, should have reported that matter to them.

If he could not approach the labour department for fear of reaction from his employer  then why shedding crocodile tears now?If your husband's company violated the law, it should have been reported to the labour department and they could have sorted out the problem amicably.

If your husband was not given end of service benefits,i.g. gratuity @ 21 day's basic per year and part, Service certificate, Air ticket to return to home country and his work permit was cancelled, he should have reported to the emigration during exit or should have filed a suit before the labour court prior to his departure.Nobody puts a hancuff and drag you to airport.

we face many problems in life but do we condemn those who provide livelihood or we persue our effort to find justice.Your husband had the option to be cowardice or face the consequences and he opted the former then why the grudge now.Your husband got what he preferred and this being the educated elite.Your husband wanted to eat the cake and have it too.

By the way is your husband illiterate for asking you to write in this column?He hasn't come out of fear of those earstwhile employer.What a brave man beating the bush at India your husband is?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register