Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VK   07 August 2015

Fnf pending

Hello,

I was working for a Xyz Pvt. Ltd. firm. I gave my resignation & served their notice period of 1 month. My appointment letter has a clause “ A written undertaking that you would not join any competitor for a period of 1 year from your resignation will also be necessary in such case ”. The director had given me a verbal commitment that he will pay the FnF in 20 days time. But its been 50 Days now they have  not cleared my dues. Things that happened in the last 50 days

• They asked me to sign a Affidavit that I can’t any competitor or any of their customer.
  • They showed me the FnF calculation. In which they deducted the insurance amount from my FnF.
  • Secondly they deducted a certain amount and mentioned it will be paid during Diwali as bonus.
  • They asked me  show the letter of the firm where I joined
  • They also sent a person to my place to check if I'm working or not.

I gave them I written undertaking on plain paper that I won’t join any competitor. As  there was a discrepancy in the Sign I gave the letter once again. Still the firm says the sign doesn’t match and my documents are incomplete.

As I was not given a clear date that when my Dues will be paid I gave a written complaint, to the Labor office. I don’t have documentation to prove the FnF Amount that is due. I.e I don’t have my tour claims, attendance report etc.

My concern is

• I'm bound by law to sign a  undertaking.
  • Can the employer deduct my insurance amount
  • Can the employer hold a certain amount as Diwali Bonus
  • Can the employer ask for joining letter of other firm
  • What kind of documents are needed to prove our point in Labor court.

Await for reply

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 August 2015

Indian courts of law have consistently been declining to enforce clauses/agreements on Non-Compete as it hits the right to earn livlihood and clause of Indian Contracts Act.

There is no legitimacy in demanding any affidavit and holding the payment of FnF.

You have grossly erred by not keepng any copies and proof.

Attendance is to be mainatained by employer too in various registers/forms prescribed in labor laws and labor office can acquire these.

Anu bonus can not be deducted from payables of employee.

Employer can write that bonus shall be paid on the eve of diwali.

Are you a member of employee's/trade unions?

VK   07 August 2015

Dear Mr. Kumar Thanks for your reply. Im not a member of employee's/trade unions.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 August 2015

You should be.Unions can provide unflinching support and guidance.

You have posted that:"They showed me the FnF calculation."

They have to supply the FnF statement to you for verification and acceptance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register