Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Flat rental agreement - clauses to be added

hello,

I am renting a flat in delhi and in the agreement provided by the owner, i see the below clauses..

is it advisable to agree to the below terms ..i see myself as a genuine tenant with no intention of creating problem.....

1. The tenant agrees to move out of the flat by the lease end date, unless otherwise agreed on both sides(owner and tenant) to extend it in written agreement. Any further stay beyond the lease end date will attract a penalty of 3 times the current rental income each month. This will also include any delays caused due to matter of litigation reasons.

2. Matter of litigation arising out of leasing terms and conditions are subject to be dealt with only at Delhi courts.

3. On matters of litigation arising out from vacating the house or terms of this lease, the tenants agrees to bear all the court and legal costs if the case comes in favor of the owner.

Learning

2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     09 May 2014

of course it is not favorable, it is one sided, as far as clause 1 is concerned and need further modification, clause 2 is regular, clause 3 needs further modification.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 May 2014

I agree that the clause one needs certain modification  about the penalty aspect, it may be modified, otherwise other clauses are considered to be normal, there is nothing wrong in it, if you donot want to agree with the conditions, it is your choice to go for another house than this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register