Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay Shah (Business)     23 June 2023

Flat owner locked house without notice

Flat rental agreement not done 

My friend rental flat was locked by owner since March 2023 and he unable to use any important things even his clothes as everything inside the house.

My friend is in critical financial situation since last 8 months due to his mom was hospitalized since aug 2022. While he was in hospital, flat owner change the key lock and locked the house without his knowledge.

He unpaid rent since last 8 months and electricity bill, but in April 2023 he cleared all his flat rent and electricity bill. As electricity bill unpaid so meter was pulled by mseb officer but for new meter reinstallation, application already submitted in June 2023 and bill also paid.

But still flat not unlocking the house. He kept his terms that till electricity meter not re-installed till then i will not give to use his all home materials

There is no notice served or there are no order of court so now what my friend can do further. Please guide.

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2023

The house owner cannot lock the rented premises for the reason that the tenant has not paid rent or not paid the eletricity charges.

Your friend should have approached court and got a stay order immediately otherwise he could have lodged a complaint agaisnt the owner with the local police.because all his things are lokcked inside.

Even now he can approach civil court with a suit for injunction against the owner and look for remedies.

Sanjay Shah (Business)     23 June 2023

But there is no rental so he can complaint against owner in police station ?

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     23 June 2023

In any ways the owner cannot trespass the premises, you should file complaint in police and also submit application before rent controller,the owner has wronged already

Basavaraj (engineer)     23 June 2023

Without rental agreement, tenant can enjoy house without paying rent etc?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register