Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fir under section 323/341

Page no : 2

Law_Learner (Asst. Mgr.)     30 October 2014

Sudhir Sir : I got myself disowned, on the advise of a lawyer, because we did not want the girl coming back to our home and do any drama which she eventually did by lodging a false FIR. I had already informed the girl that under the present circumstances I cannot live with you. I told her categorically that Trust is the basis of any relation and I cannot trust you and your family. She threatened me that she will come with police to enter the house and on this i contacted the lawyer and i acted on his advise to get myself disowned. Two days later, She did not come with police but reached police station and lodged a false FiR that I beat her up and abused her when she tried to enter my parents house. In her written complaint to police she gave names of my whole family. Investigating officer first tried to pursuade me to take the girl in my parents home and told that she has lodged a false FIR for nothing and if i take her home she come tomorrow with another FIR claiming I tried to murder her. On that the IO tore the written complaint and asked me that now there is no complaint so take the girl with you but I told him that i cannot take the girl and on that he filed an FIR only my name. On that day, girl was accompanied by her father and brother in law at the police station and his father brought some people of RWA and one person who was close to a political figure of his society nearby to our area. Even the policeman did not tell at first place what are the complaints of the girl. when I asked him to let me see the complaint he told that accused are not entitled to see the complaints. Maybe the policeman was pressurised or bribed. 

When I contacted the lawyer he suggested that I should live separately and move the items given by father of the girl to a rented house and get myself disowned so that she cannot come back at a later stage for a forceful entry as it would be very difficult to fight against the girl when she is at matrimonial home.  He also suggested that I should file a complaint in vigilence deptt. against the police that they accepted the complaint of the girl without any investigation. 

I hope the above facts makes my case clear. I would request you to show me the right path if disownment will not work. I have few queries :

1. I have taken a rented accommodation. Can the girl still come to my parent house for forceful entry; alone or with police;

2. Can my mother loadge a complaint to police or can approach to court for restricting her to enter her home;

Kind regards

JanDec

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 October 2014

1. I have taken a rented accommodation. Can the girl still come to my parent house for forceful entry; alone or with police;

She can come wherever you are

2. Can my mother loadge a complaint to police or can approach to court for restricting her to enter her home;

mother will complaint for what offence?

1 Like

Law_Learner (Asst. Mgr.)     30 October 2014

Sir,

Thanks for your response. I would like to say that the lawyer I contacted categorically told me that me telling the police that I dont wanna live with my wife will stop the girl and police for any entry to my parent's home. Believe me if i let her live with me she will implicate me in DV further and i will find myself caught in much more complications. Under this scenario, please could you advise what remedy I have that stops her coming to my rented accommodated or my parents home. 

Regards

JanDec

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 October 2014

Police has no powers to stop a wife from entering where her husband is living.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     30 October 2014

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar

She can come wherever you are

mother will complaint for what offence?

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar

Police has no powers to stop a wife from entering where her husband is living.

I disagree to one liner reply by Lord @ Sudhir Kumar as he did not read specific highlighted questions of queriest properly.

For queriest question 1 - The queriest wife's only defence to entry in parents property is that the property is her matrimonial home. The said defense has also been dealt with in various decisions of the Apex Court wherein it has been held that a woman has no right of residence in the property of her in-laws under the provisions of Protection of Women against Domestic Violence Act, 2005. Ref.: Sardar Malkiat Singh Vs. Kanwaljit Kaur And Ors., [RFA No.183/2006 and CM No.4575/2006, dated 12.03.2010 of D HC], on almost similar facts, referred to judgment of the Supreme Court in the case of Ref. ;S.R. Batra Vs. Smt. Taruna Batra [2006 (4) Crimes 433]

This queriest has also made a statement in his detailed query that he who is husbanf is residing separately taking up a rented accommodation as his wife has initiated the proceedings u/s 323/341 IPC against him and both have strained relations.

The Division Bench of D HC in the case Ref.: Shumita Didi Sandhu Vs. Sanjay Singh Sandhu & Ors.[2007 (96) DRJ 697]  has also held that once the husband is alive, neither the father-in-law nor the mother-in-law has any duty to maintain the daughter-in-law, and the daughter-in-law has no right to reside in the property of her in- laws which is not a matrimonial home, nor a "shared house" and once the parents are owner of the property and the premises is not matrimonial home and the husband is living separately, the daughter-in-law would not have right to stay in the property.

In the evolving facts of this queriest, admittedly, the husband is not residing at his parents property which exclusively belongs to his parents, he is saying that he is residing at a rented property and has been disowned. Therefore, in view of the settled law, his wife cannot have the right to reside in his parents property and she would be having no claim of shared residence at parents property.

I mean how difficult is that to tell to queriest instead of saying a simple “YES” for that you applied your mind into? General public asking query by giving more facts expect better reply from Experts is my view.

Hence wife cannot come to his parents house and make an attempt for forceful entry either alone or with advisors or even with police as above case laws support his parents. He should take printouts of above case laws and handover to his parents in case such events happen. These are preventive advice. 

For queriest question 2 - Against above backdrop read with remedy available based on evolving questions of the queriest, the queriest mother (either parent as the title owner whosoever is) should immediately file a civil suit for permanent injucntions and mesne profits against daughter-in-law annexing title deed of property and disownment notice true copies to protect herself against any future events. If mother is senior citizen then she can also file an separate application along with above civil suit for Urgency and day-to-day hearing.

I mean how difficult is that to tell to queriest instead of saying a simple “MOTHER WILL COMPLAINT FOR WHAT OFFENCE” for that you applied your mind into? General public asking query by giving more facts expect better reply from Experts is my view. How bad will the situation come to in future if suppose wife occupies forcefully queriest parents property where she has no rights whatsoever and then would you as an Top Expert of the forum advice him to file suit for eviction/ possession, permanent injunction and mesne profits against her (daughter-in-law) I mean people seek preventive advice so that they can prevent possible events and not left defending strange removal once she occupies the property?

Third – Lord, by simply saying based on reading queriest recent facts that "Police has no powers to stop a wife from entering where her husband is living." does not mean anything in preventive Law. I am under impression that you know that police has powers when in backdrop of evolved facts to invoke S. 107 / S. 110 CrPC which are punitive powers which is permissible and for the same simply saying 'police has no powers to stop a wife from entering where her husband is living' is wrong for a simple fact husband is living in a rented accommodation and the question he is asking is about his parents property where breach of peace is bound to happen in future and unless one prepares the queriest - parents he will remain remedy less if your one liner reply to be followed by this queriest then he - his parents will be doomed which colly. are legal views written in peace and bliss. 

If the policeman has reason to believe that a person in public place is facing a threat - breach of peace from another person, he can invoke Sections 107 and 110 of the CrPC and make him - her sign a bond of good behaviour. The policeman can also ask him - her to get another person known to him-her to stand surety for him - her. 

Lord @ Sudhir Kumar
, you may take my direct disagreement as and how you feel so but I could not stop providing exact legal remedy to two questions he further asks the forum.  

[Last reply]

1 Like

Law_Learner (Asst. Mgr.)     11 April 2015

Hi,

I got a call from my FIL saying the FIR was filed to put pressure on me to take her daughter back and he said give us a chance (said two times) and when I said i dont trust them at all, he said then give us the money and we will take the MCD route. He asked for a meeting which I said we will meet in March. In the meantime, my estranged wife sent few derogatory messages on my mobile which I didnt respond. Neither of us called to each other in March. I got a call today from my FIL asking for the day to meet. I told him that we will meet two weeks later. He said OK. Few hours later my cunning wife called and asked what I told her father. I told her that we will meet in two weeks time. She asked what's the hitch in meeting tomorrow. I said I have exams next Saturday so i got to prepare for that. In anger she said if advocate if there u dont need to be so much prepared for this meeting so you can meet tomorrow. I didnt agree for that. She got mad then and saying all bad words (as usual) and on that i hung up the phone. Please could be advise on my queries :

1. I  thought that this meeting wont include any advocate at this stage and  would be to finalise the financial considerations  and we both agree on a certain amount and conditions for the divorce and then we could go to our advocates for filing MCD, Pleases advise if at all they are really planning to come with an advocate, should I engage an advocate as well

2. Someone suggested that I should meet at a place, like a restaurant, where a camera can capture the meeting just in case if they try to implicate me further that in the meeting I punched them, tried to kill them, etc. etc.. Please advise how to safeguard myself from this situation.  

3. I suppose it all depends on negotiations but they would ask for moon. Any tips to bring them to earth. After all it was a simple marraige and no dowry. 

4. Any more advise will be greatly helpful.

Regards,

LL

Law_Learner (Asst. Mgr.)     14 April 2015

Dear Ld. Experts,

Request you to  advise on above?

Rgds

LL

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register