Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kavitha Menon (Others)     15 May 2014

Filed divorce but in a mess!

Dear Law Experts:

I have filed for a divorce. We had rented an apartment. At the time of the rent agreement, my wife and

my name was there on the rent agreement. But I realized later that my wife had changed that solely

to be only in her name without my knowledge. Though I was paying the rent, she never came to live with me in this apartment and was staying with her mother. She was away to meet her relatives when I had filed for the divorce. AS usual I was at my office one day and when I returned from home that after my office hours I saw that my wife had changed the lock of the apartment and I was unable to get in. I was locked out.

As a result, my belongings - clothes, shoes, and my work experience certificates, academic certificates, professional qualification certificates, bank documents, my inherited property documents, etc. were in.

And now she denies not having my documents. My lawyer says nothing can be done since the rent agreement showed only her name. And now she has moved out all the stuff from that rented apartment to her mother's apartment where she presently lives.

I have lost my job and now I am unable to get through any other job because no company is willing to hire me without any documents. I have started the procedure to apply for the duplicates but it is going to take a lot of time and is complicated. 

Please guide me if there is any other way I can legally claim my documents from her.

With much thanks,

Regards,

KVE

Learning

9 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     15 May 2014

why don't you sort out your problems with your wife?

If sorting out was an option I would not have had to file for a divorce! They are very abusive both verbally and physically. Her mother is also separated. her aunt is a divorcee. My wife herself was a divorcee at the time of our marriage.

In spite of this I had tried to sort it out with her but she and her mother abused me.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     15 May 2014

on what ground you filed divorce and why 

without the complete details a correct answer cannot be expected

but going to her and having chat and settle the issue because you may get academic certificates but what about the property documents and important documents for this you have to go personally and discuss with her and by talking it may make things sit right further easy and settle the issue

Like I mentioned, they have constantly abused me verbally and physically. No matter what I did for her and her family it was never enough. I didn't retaliate during our domestic life because I wanted peace. And I thought in time she would understand me but in vain. We were married for 7 years. Nothing seemed to change between us. She drinks, she smokes and so does her mother and sister.

She would pick up fights with for everything, doubting me all the time. If I had female friends she would accuse me of having affairs with them and if I had male friends she would accuse me of being gay. The more I provided for them the more they wanted. I was a money earning slave for them.

Please understand sorting out things with her and her family IS NOT AN OPTION here for me! I have already mentioned I had tried yet to do so but when I went to talk to her to sort it out she and her mother threw things at me and verbally abused me. And challenged me to get it if I can.

great india (manager)     15 May 2014

You are in a mess. Divorcee female's and such families are greatest mess. Lodge a police complaint and file petition in court asking to appoint investigation by police without that police wont pay any heed to your request. Although you wife is so crooked , you can start litigation and then compromise. And most of all your evidences would mean everything so try collecting them asap

Thank you for the reply; however, they are influential. I have already seen a glimpse of it. Approaching the cops would not be an ideal think to do. Her mother has an affair with a married man in Mumbai. He's a millionaire. He's the one who is financially supporting them. So, they've enough money to influence the cops.

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     15 May 2014

You have been given all opyions here .Either fight for your certificates as advised by GI Or wait for your duplicates to come Or you make a compromise

Saurav (Engineer)     15 May 2014

deleted

ravi (Manager)     18 May 2014

Please advise with some sustainable remarks...........already guy is in pain....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register