Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shiva......... (owner)     22 November 2013

Female respondent in dv 2005

Dear sir, urgent help plz.

My wife filed DV case in March 2013 and I filed Divorce case in July 2013. In DV case it has not even reached evidence stage. In divorce case already i got Evidence date. Today was DV case hearing. Today my wife submitted memo to summon my mother and sister who never stayed with her since marriage. And judge gave another date to hear her memo. Instead of giving evidence she is playing all this game. I am very much tensed. At any cost i dont want to see my mother and sister in the court hall for nothing.

Please help me. My evidence is on 3 dec and for which i am well prepared. Next DV hearing is on 7dec. How should i handle this situation.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Nothing to get tensed about.  

Noting wrong or insulting in appearing in court first time. Let both of them appear in court ie your mom and sister . IF you or them dont appear, simply magistrate will issue summons, then if failed to appear in court, warrant will be issued and that is more insulting than just to appear in court.  

Your lawyer has to convince the judge of they not staying with you people and to acquit them from the list of co-accused.  If the magistrate listens to you and drops them both it is fine.  Or else you can also state old age of your mom + medical conditions of not being able to court and ask for lenience.   If neither works, immediately approach District sessions court for stay on proceedings and dismissal of DV case.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Shiva......... (owner)     22 November 2013

Thanks for the reply sir.  On what grounds can i approach the district session court to dismiss the DV case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register