Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sai   19 August 2015

False dowry harrsment - closure with mutual consent

Hello Sir/Madam,

This is regarding my friend who is 42 years old, his wife has filed a dowry harrasment case in 2013. They have a kid of 5 years. Girl had filed case against my friend and his father in order to claim father's property. There was never any instance of harrasment, my friend had huge debt and financially weak. So the wife wanted financial support from friend's father in terms of monthly maintenace from father as son has financial problem. 

She had filed case under influence of her brother, how ever has realised the problem now and friend's father is ready to provide monthly compensation considering the kid. Now the wife is ready to take back the dowry harrasment case. 

Friends lawyer says that it would be best to apply the case withdrawl at high courst rather than the criminal court as it is faster. Can you please suggest the best and realtively quickest way to close the case  where girl can withdraw the case. It has been more than 2 years since the case is on and the family has started living together since last 6 months.My friends father is 75 years old now, has problems in visitng frequent court hearings.

Learning

1 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     19 August 2015

Just ask her to  file a memo in the court as not pressed, the  case will be dispsed off.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register