Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mario@99457   11 July 2023

Fake khatha document produced by the owner to sell a property

Hello all,

I purchased a property from a bank employee in Mysuru, the property is situated in a small layout consisting of 10-15 plots which was developed by a bank association next to an MUDA developed layout. The bank association has got the land converted by DC and then made plots and sold it to members in 1989.

Owner(primary allottee) got a Khatha in his name in 2012 from the local corporation and has paid taxes upto date. The sale deed was executed by a sub-registrar in 2023 and now when I approach the corporation for the Khatha Transfer, the authority there is saying this layout belongs to panchayat and they cannot issue the Khatha in my name. 

That means, the Khatha issues to the previous owner is invalid and was obtained by bribing the then authorities at the corporation. Now since I cannot get the Khatha in my name, I cannot proceed further with the construction of a house as I will not get plan approval and bank loan etc. 

My question is whether I can file a suit against the owner for selling the property with fake Khatha document? 

What are the chances I will succeed in this case?  

Learning

1 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 July 2023

You can certainly file a civil suit. There could be nothing certain as to the outcome as the dfendant may have his version of facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register