Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Extra ordinary leave for preparing for civil service exam

Page no : 2

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Soorya
Respected members,
I am a All India Service Group-A officer who joined service on Dec 22nd 2014 , whose probation period ends on Dec 22nd 2016.

By Dec 22nd 2016 I will have finished all mandatory training like Foundation course , Professional course and On-job-training.

I want to appear in 2017 civil service exam , so for serious preparation have decided to take 1 year EOL from January 1st 2017 to January 1st 2018 .

1)Can I apply for EOL in this case ?

2)Who will grant EOL - my state government or Union govt ?

3)Will taking authorized EOL be considered as a break in service ?

4)Will taking EOL affect seniority in cadre ?

5)Will taking EOL affect increment ?

6)Will taking EOL affect state government's contribution to NPS (National Pension System) ?

Thank you , waiting for your informed advice.

Mr. Soorya,

If you feel, you can't compete without full time devotion to your preparations, my sincere advice to you is not tot take risk in keeping the job in hand and vainly try to attempt the IAS competitive exam. If you give preference to another Grouo 'A' job over the present your present Group 'A' job, mut resign from the existing job in order to concentrate on your studies for preparation for the exam. 

By the way, what extra advantage, you can derive by getting another Group 'A' job after leaving your present Group 'A' job?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register