LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Hire   27 June 2021

Experience letter/relieving letter

I have resigned from my ex-company a month ago and also they have accepted my resignation letter by a term stating that I will have to serve 3 months of notice period. But the problem is they haven't issued me any offer letter stating the term of 3 months of notice period. My future company wants to me to join in next 5 days and they want me to submit my experience letter which my previous company is denying to issue as I am not serving their so called notice period. What can I do to get experience letter? (I do have pay slips as a proof)

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 June 2021

The offer letter must have stated that the employee should be guided by existing rules and regulations applicable to all employees .  If there is no such laid down policy, general conditions apply..  Convince the employer about the immediate necessity and if your performance is good, they may not like to harass you further.  If they are not convinced you may have to pay such an amount in lieu of 3 month's notice.  You can inform the new employer, that the old employer is insisting for 3 months' notice and convince them for reporting to duty without an experience letter.  Your appointment letter and latest salary slip can be shown as EC for the present.  Your PF statement also serves as an experience certificate for practical purposes.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 June 2021

May be the Notice Period is part of standing Orders. please verify.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 June 2021

If you are not able to serve the three months notice period, you may write back to the previous employer that you are unable to serve the 3 months period however you are willing to compensate the notice period by paying the salary amount for the unserved notice period.

You may also demand the relieving letter as well as the experience letter in the same letter that you can send it by registered post or courier service.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register