LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sridhar T r   09 February 2024

Exit date overlap in pf

work in company A while work in A trying for other job for better opportunity and I take 3 days leave and attend on interview selected in B and mark that as joining date after 2 weeks only give releave letter in company A. 
Company A- DOJ -Feb 2022 to 23/7/2022
Company B - DOJ -07/07/2022 to Still now after 2 years working B they do BGV and said Their is a  PF service history mistach correct it or it lead termination company B  not ready to help me to change joining date its big MNC then requested in company A to modify that exit date as 05/07/2022. The mistake is mine i am not aware this on that time. 
If company A give Joint declaration form to modify exit means which document self attested is needed  for this scenario to EPFO  to  accept this i am highly worried about my corporate life.Please help me to solve this issue. 
My questions. 
1.If it is possible to change company B exit date as 05/07/2022? 
2.If i got joint declartion from company B means which document need to self attested - EPFO will accept it or not? 
3.Government jobs consider this kind of overlape as big issue incase in future. 

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 February 2024

1.  First of all read your questions properly, you have joined the company B on 7/7/22, then how can you ask company B to give exit date as 5/7/22?  What is your exact problem?

2. What is the PF office doing here?  are they not showing the correct date till which you were employed with the previous company or are they hesitatnt to show your correct date of joining in the new company?  You are giving misleading informatioon and asking for legal opinion.

3. If government jobs consider this lapse as valid then why don't you apply for any government job which would relax the said condition?

Sanskriti Tiwari   09 February 2024

Companies typically maintain accurate records, and any changes may require solid justification. However, it's advisable to communicate openly with your HR department at Company B, explaining the situation and requesting their support.

If you obtain a Joint Declaration Form from Company B, ensure it includes your correct exit date and is signed by both you and the authorized signatory from the company. Attach supporting documents such as your leave approval or any official communication from Company A indicating the corrected exit date. EPFO may accept this, but it ultimately depends on their policies and discretion.

Government jobs often scrutinize employment history, and discrepancies can be concerning. It's crucial to rectify the situation promptly. Government agencies may consider explanations and supporting documentation, but there's no guarantee. 

1 Like

sridhar T r   09 February 2024

Hi sir Thank you for your valuable comment. This is My career beginning 24 now . Without knowledge of this as a fresher this happen for me because of this treated like ah criminal and No private and Government job for  full life is un imaginable 😭 and dont how I am going to overcome this my future dreams are destroyed now. I am hopleless in this week but this is not fair. 

Sushil Anand   18 April 2024

hello sridhar, what happened with you after this?  Is it resolved?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register