LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yoga Rajan   29 January 2022

Encroachment of government land

My neighbor has encroached on nearby unused government village road by placing mango trees on it. I have made written complaint to VAO,RDO etc. But VAO replied that there is no encroachment but only spikes and grasses were present in the mentioned in the road which is an outright lie.So I took photo of mango trees present for future use. what are my options? Can I file writ to clear the encroachment?

Learning

6 Replies

G Krishna Rao (Advocate)     29 January 2022

Yes, you can file a Writ before teh Honourable High Court by furnishing the evidences and seek a direction against the Panchayat/Municipal authorities to remove the trees

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 January 2022

Just enclose a photograph and file application under RTI with Rs.10/- as fee.

Information solicited:

1. the applicant is enclosing a photograph of mango plantation at GOvt land located at......................................, please provide such copy of permission/approval for planting the saplings in Govt Land.

(Coming to the fact what bothers you if a samaritan is bringing greenery to your neighbour hood ?)

G Krishna Rao (Advocate)     29 January 2022

Yes, but the authorities is telling that no encorachment is there, so that it is necesary to file a Writ  Further it is necessary to bring the greenary, but it is not on the Government road.  I think

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 January 2022

Whether plantation of mango tree on the road side is covered in the definition of "encraochment" ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 January 2022

Just planting a mango tree need not amount to encrochment unless such an a aactivity is coupled with an intention to take possession of the public property.

Yoga Rajan   02 February 2022

sir, he has planted trees in the middle of the road as the road was unused for some years. Also he has started ploughing along with his adjacent land. Now the road does not look like road at all but agri land

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register